Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon good people!

Quick question. The front speaker on my wife's charger se went out. I am looking to replace the amp as I have already checked the fuse and that wasn't it. I was going to run to the junkyard and try and grab one. Is there any interchangeable models that I can use in the event they don't have the exact year, make and model?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
As far as I know the 2012 through 2014 models are interchangeable. The main difference was how many speakers and whether the system has a amplifier.

The base speaker system includes six speakers.
Two 8.89 centimeter (3.5 inch) diameter midrange tweeters located in the instrument panel.
Two 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located in each front door.
Two 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf.

The premium-1 audio system includes six speakers and a amplifier.
Two 8.89 centimeter (3.5 inch) diameter midrange tweeters located in the instrument panel.
Two 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located in each front door.
Two 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker located on each side of the rear shelf.
8-channel 276 watts amplifier located under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column.

The premium-2 audio system includes nine speakers and a amplifier.
Three 8.89 centimeter (3.5 inch) diameter midrange tweeters located in the instrument panel.
Two 15.2 X 23 centimeter (6 X 9 inch) diameter speaker is located in each front door.
Two 8.89 centimeter (3.5 inch) diameter midrange tweeters located in each rear door.
One 20.32 centimeter (8 inch) DVC subwoofer.
12-channel 506 watts amplifier located under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts