2014 Charger Srt short runner valve

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by verdugo135, Jul 30, 2017.

1. verdugo135

verdugo135 New Member

Vehicle:
    07 SRT8 PLUM
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy Purple
    I've been having an intermittent problem with code P1004 (short runner valve). At 53k miles i got a code for it and immediately purchased the part and had it changed. Light never came back for about 4k miles Then after i started tuning my car light started to resurface every now and then. I'd say it comes on about every 1-200 miles of driving or sometimes won't come on at all. Anybody have experience with this, Do you think the part could have gone bad again? or is it something deeper. Thanks (14 srt charger)

Can anybody please get me the part number for the piece i cannot find anything for it on google thanks.

2. verdugo135

verdugo135 New Member

Vehicle:
    07 SRT8 PLUM
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy Purple
    anybody????

3. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    P1004 can be caused by the SRV actuator, a high resistance on the ASD relay output circuit, or a high resistance on one of the SRV circuits (sense output, control, ground).
    I would check the wiring/connectors to the SRV assembly to make sure there are no loose connections, corrosion, etc ...
    Check the ASD relay to make sure it's plugged-in tight, no corrosion on the contacts, etc ... The Automatic Shut Down (ASD) relay is located in the engine compartment fuse box.

If you decide to buy a new SRV actuator you can search PN 05038529AB. It replaces PN 05038529AA.

You said P1004 surfaced after you starting tuning the car. What parameters have you changed?

The SRV position is controlled by a pneumatic/spring actuator and electronic solenoid valve. When the solenoid is not energized (the “rest” position), the SRV is held in the closed position. When the solenoid is energized the SRV is moved and held in its opened position. There is a set of enable conditions to energize/open the SRV. When these conditions are not met the SRV valve is de-energized (closed).

When is P1004 set?
    The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range when the circuit is de-energized, and to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized. P1004 is set if the value is determined to be out of the calibrated range.