2014 charger srt transmission help

Discussion in '2014 Dodge Charger Forum' started by Chargerclassof2014, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Chargerclassof2014

Chargerclassof2014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Hey so i was wondering if its possible to swap a 8 speed and take out the 5 speed on a 14 srt. i know some people say the 8 speed wont fit, but sxts in 14 come with 8 speeds which are very similar to the ones that are in the newer scat packs. searching through paramount performance products i saw the HP70 which is the 8 speed is listed at
    Dimensions:24x24x36
    Weight:300.0 lbs
    and the NAG1 Transmission the 5 speed is listed at
    Dimensions:36x24x24
    Weight:300.0 lbs
    Correct me if im wrong but reading the listed dimensions would it read Wide Long Tall
    if that is correct the 5 speed wider and the 8 speed is tall???

and i know you should problem have to change the wiring harness and maybe a pcm mod?

Thank you

2. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I'm not sure about the physical dimensions but PCM and wiring harness changes will be required. The PCM and TCM communicate with each other and the SRT didn't get the 8HP70 transmission until 2015; along with the locked PCM. The 2014 SRT PCM only knows how to communicate with the NAG1 TCM/transmission.

3. Chargerclassof2014

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Ok, so do you think the wiring harness from the 15 with it's pcm and tcm work? Because basically it's the same engines right the 14 srt8 and the 15 scat packs ? No difference in the bell housing pattern?

4. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I don't know if anyone has done a 2015 PCM/harness and 8HP70 transmission swap into a 2104 NAG1 SRT8. The NAG1 TCM is external to the transmission and the 8HP70 TCM is internal to the transmission (this is one of the wiring harness and PCM/TCM differences).
    Even if the bell housing bolt pattern is the same (I don't know if it is or not), the face-to-mount distance and overall length of the two transmissions will need to be measured; as well as any difference in height & width. Assuming the height/width of the 8HP70 fits, the face-to-mount distance and overall length will determine if new mounts need to be fabricated and whether there's any required changes with the driveshaft.

5. Chargerclassof2014

Vehicle:
    Charger
    ok thanks for the help man maybe ill just stick with the 5 speed upgrade.