Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Charger Pursuit 5.7L
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around for a while now, and haven't been able to find any definitive info on rear differential swaps (maybe I'm just blind). Has anyone on here successfully done a LSD swap from our stock rear ends or know of any definitive info on how to do it? Ive not been able to find P/Ns for any LSDs that I can think of, I have found a speedlogix gear kit but was thinking more of swapping out the pumpkin. Any help or info appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Most direct bolt on is a Getrag 3.06 rear end. Will require new axles, and couplers with Pink Bolts (and reprogramming if you have the 2.65 ratio rear end.

Reactions: Connocclar

·
Registered
151 Posts
Requires the parts below but last I looked everything is almost double in price compared to 7 years ago.

31718E5C-1DC3-4B53-9C8A-50E5AA063669.jpeg
2BE3B3E4-11AD-4A6F-87CA-C2692F0BDFFD.jpeg

·
Registered
2014 Charger Pursuit 5.7L
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Find a used or salvaged one and have the clutches upgraded to the Z06 packs, then move forward. They are famouse for cracking the springs and smoking the clutches and most don't even know it because traction control sneaks in there on the brakes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve had my 3.91 Getrag for 7+ years and 40k miles. I should defeat all traction control with the tazer and see if how well the clutches are doing their job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea I've been scouring the internet all day trying to find reasonably priced parts, and its all seemed to shoot up, guess people are getting into doing these swaps more these days.
The prices go up if the same parts aren't being used in current vehicles or if they switch suppliers for some reason. They don't care if they're suddenly being bought more.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
This is what's commonly found in Getrag's. I don't know why or what causes it, but it is why the research came to pass and the kits HHP provided and the Z06 clutches were discovered to be a viable upgrade.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you have say 50k miles and have hammered her like shes built for and change your diff oil and its black, the black is the clutch materials, large odds are cracked belleville springs too.
I was told not to waste cash on a new diff only to smoke the frictions and crack the springs. I purchased one with 65k miles and found what you see in the pics.
The OE has only three frictions, the Z06 and HHP kits have 7 surfaces.

Some people read what Friction Modifier is. I gets in the frictions making them more forgiving in the u-turns. Too much and you take away performance. If its intolerable add one ounce at a time.

Lots of these diffs get ruined at the track in the water box if one side gets wetter and the other gets traction before the other it will smoke the other side. The Z06 kits solve this. Irt will be more aggressive in the turns and most use oils with the FM already in it and are happy.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Reactions: rusty69
1 - 10 of 10 Posts