Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came stock with remote start. This morning I did remote start like I do every morning but when I got in to actually start the car for real it would not work. I had to hit the remote start button engine to get the engine to cut and then start it in the car pressing the brake, vs just hitting the start button to the on position.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Interesting....might have been a glitch..I take it that has not happened before, ever? I've never experienced that, but other things like remote start not working on certain days where the temps reached single to - digits, or not having enough gas to do the remote...even had it where for no real reason I remote started to show a friend and about 2 mins later it just shut off on it's own.

Did anything come up on the EVIC when you got into the car? Anything that stated about the remote battery?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Did anything come up on the EVIC when you got into the car?
The remote start system will display a EVIC message for certain conditions that cause it to fail to remote start.
Remote Start Aborted — Door Ajar
Remote Start Aborted — Hood Ajar
Remote Start Aborted — Trunk Ajar
Remote Start Aborted — Fuel Low
Remote Start Disabled — Start Vehicle To Reset

Reactions: MadMaxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No errors listed.
No it has never happened before. No unusual circumstances either .. temp was mid 40's, half tank of gas, everything normal.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No errors listed.
No it has never happened before. No unusual circumstances either .. temp was mid 40's, half tank of gas, everything normal.
I would say just keep an eye out on it and if it continues to do it, check the bypass module/receiver unit as it might be going..or short in the wire...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts