Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 3.6 AWD Rally Charger; What do you do when you can not shift out of park, nonmatter how hard you press or the brake and tug on the shifter?
What can cause this to occur?
How is it repaired?
Is it likely to happen again?

·
Registered
428 Posts
copied this from elsewhere on the forum

If your in a bind and it happens to you away from home you can always just pop off the chrome bezel around the shifter and use a pen or pencil to put in that hole by where park is. Then pull that cable you see in there to the left as your moving it out of park. It works! I drove around all weekend like this waiting for Monday so I can take her to the dealer.
Im wondering if the dealer just replaces it with another pink thing or do they have an improvement so it doesn't happen again. LOL just keep a pen or pencil with you at all times.

meebee this will help....supposedly this pink thingy problem was fixed...not ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
copied this from elsewhere on the forum

If your in a bind and it happens to you away from home you can always just pop off the chrome bezel around the shifter and use a pen or pencil to put in that hole by where park is. Then pull that cable you see in there to the left as your moving it out of park. It works! I drove around all weekend like this waiting for Monday so I can take her to the dealer.
Im wondering if the dealer just replaces it with another pink thing or do they have an improvement so it doesn't happen again. LOL just keep a pen or pencil with you at all times.

meebee this will help....supposedly this pink thingy problem was fixed...not ??
Thanks, I was Hopping the dealer would have offered the information yesterday when I called them Twice! Now I am await of there emergency Neutral access panel! Hopefully now that I'm aware of it I won't need it! :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts