Dodge Charger Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
joe z and steve meder told me how to update bcm to get the gauge cluster to show gear p r d.

Reactions: Fattony

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was able to, but I don't think all of the splashes come on all the clusters. I was only able to get the Hellcat and Scat Pack to load on mine.
Really? Okay ... strange. I've tried all of the splash screens a few times but nothing works. I have a Hellcat cluster and only get the Charger-image :-(

·
Registered
74 Posts
From zauto
Set EVIC Splash1: This setting will allow changing the start animation on 2015 1⁄2 -2018 Challenger/Charger with the following restrictions: If SRT is ON, then the working choices are None (Charger/Challenger
will display) or HELLCAT. If SRT is OFF, the choices are None (Charger/Challenger will display), SCAT bee animation, or SHAKER logo (Challenger). Setting HELLCAT on a 3.6 or 5.7 will result in an airbag error light.
If that’s not the issue try doing a full reboot after changing splash screens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From zauto
Set EVIC Splash1: This setting will allow changing the start animation on 2015 1⁄2 -2018 Challenger/Charger with the following restrictions: If SRT is ON, then the working choices are None (Charger/Challenger
will display) or HELLCAT. If SRT is OFF, the choices are None (Charger/Challenger will display), SCAT bee animation, or SHAKER logo (Challenger). Setting HELLCAT on a 3.6 or 5.7 will result in an airbag error light.
Hmm...okay I'm sure I tried the Hellcat but I will do it again. I have an SRT8 so the SRT is on but normally I like the Scat bee :)
I did a full reboot after every change...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029 (Edited)
the US metric stuff ill look into to for sure. I have some info I can look through.

just noticed the above post for the Srt animation fix lol

the new Tazer stuff should make things smoother.
everything for the most part should be ironed out.

Ive been working on the "steering wheel swap" I have a 2016 challenger SRT steering wheel I got from the good guys at "@MODFX" they let me play around with one for the cause lol I have a plan that might really work out im waiting on custom boards im getting made that will make everything work like to should.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem as liquidstone. When I change my splash screen, I only get the charger logo. I tried setting SRT to off, and using the Scat splash, did a couple of full reboots and still just had the charger symbol rather than the SCAT animation. @dubb45 , do you happen to know any way to fix this issue? I have a cluster from a hellcat, could that be my issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off, I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread, there is a lot of good info!
I'm coming here and asking a few questions just to make sure I have everything that I need to make what I want to do work. I have a 2014 300 SRT8, I know not a charger, but it's still a LX car :). I had the idea of swapping my cluster over to the 2015+ but I don't want a 300S 5.7 car cluster. I don't want to convert to a red cluster from the blue. So I'm able to get a 2016 300 SRT8 cluster from Australia. I just want to make sure I have what I need.

the newer cluster
lastest tazer
alfaobd and a USB to obd2 cable

Now looking on here, it looks like I'm going to be running in to the metric/imperial problem but the opposite of what the Europeans are having. I'll be able to change the speedo to MPH, but the other units will be all metric. So @dubb45 I hope you figure out with something on that.

Also, my next question is. I have the opportunity to buy the newer uconnect screen, the bezel with the updated buttons for climate and etc. from that same car. Does anyone have the contact for the guy that made the swap happen to the new Uconnect? It would be really cool to have all the updated 300 SRT stuff here in the states on my American car. If anyone has any info on this etc.. and can point me in the right direction or walk me through things. I'd help pay for someone's time.

-Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone is looking for a 2015 Charger RT cluster and dash bezel to do this swap I recently sold my '11 Charger for a new scat pack so I have the stuff laying around and will sell it for a great deal. Just shoot me a DM. Had the swap running in my Charger since the first tazer update to include the swap and loved it till I had to take it out for the trade in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From zauto
Soooo ... I tried it again, again without success.
SRT is active (because it is an SRT8) I set "Hellcat", did a "full reboot" and locked the vehicle two times and let it sleep completely. Nevertheless I still see the "Charger" logo.
Should be the "RedEye" also possible?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got a reply back from Z-Automotive because I have the same issue you have Liquidstone. He said he also cant change the splash screen on his 2011. He said that their is a limitation with the BCM. He is trying to work on a fix now to force the BCM to read the input from the Tazer. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, working on a cluster swap on my 18 Charger. I noticed in the instrument panel controllers in ALFA it only goes up to MY17. Am I out of luck for the time being?

reason I ask is I tried a few times, couple of key cycles, it isn’t taking.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are you referring to your 707hp SXT lol?
lol. It's not my fault ok. I had a spare set of twin turbos that i had bought from the junkyard and i was planning on putting them into another car but I sold that car. And I had done the forged internals on the charger waiting for the right time to do it. I have to much time on my hands. And 707 hp is only my hope to get the car to one day. To be honest the car has been sitting around waiting to be dyno'd after this all is over. Tbh it only probobly has about 500 hp if im lucky. I hope to go further. But if i didnt say 707 hp I wouldnt have gotten any responses. so. And yes I would like to make the different.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
lol. It's not my fault ok. I had a spare set of twin turbos that i had bought from the junkyard and i was planning on putting them into another car but I sold that car. And I had done the forged internals on the charger waiting for the right time to do it. I have to much time on my hands. And 707 hp is only my hope to get the car to one day. To be honest the car has been sitting around waiting to be dyno'd after this all is over. Tbh it only probobly has about 500 hp if im lucky. I hope to go further. But if i didnt say 707 hp I wouldnt have gotten any responses. so. And yes I would like to make the different.
Fair enough, and to answer your question, no. You cannot retrofit a 15+ cluster to a 2010. Not only would it not bolt in but it wouldn't communicate with two CAN bus protocols prior.

1021 - 1040 of 1077 Posts