Dodge Charger Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I have a 2011 rt and without thinking about it I got a 2014 cluster and obviously z-auto has no support for this cluster. So how big of a disaster would going to the 2015 cluster be. Is everything working or not for the 2011 model year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Any new updates to the tazer if you purchase one now? Updates that will help the cluster swap be more in sync with your year make and model mileage etc

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,045
they updated the Tazer to include the ACC/FCW Fix
Also has the “cluster swap” in the menu
Once you activate it you keep the Tazer plugged in to make the buttons work, you can now remove it and plug it back in and it will stay “ON”
Before you would have to activate it again. Now it’s been working great. only uodate I haven’t seen pushed yet is the “sport mode” flag, I know it’s been fixed just waiting on the Zauto peeps to push it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I installed a 2015 cluster but I am having problems with getting or knowing if the key sequence worked to enable the new code also I can't clear a transmission warning on the display. I can't seem to get any of the steering wheel buttons to work either.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
The option is in the settings of the Tazer now. Just scroll through and enable “cluster swap”
Plug in the old cluster then enable the option then plug the new one back in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The option is in the settings of the Tazer now. Just scroll through and enable “cluster swap”
Plug in the old cluster then enable the option then plug the new one back in.
Ok so it's kind of working now but I am still unable to access the menu on the evic and the shift indicator still doesn't work also I can't get the transmission service to go away. I am going to try and disconnect the battery and then reconnect to see if that helps any.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,050
Ok so it's kind of working now but I am still unable to access the menu on the evic and the shift indicator still doesn't work also I can't get the transmission service to go away. I am going to try and disconnect the battery and then reconnect to see if that helps any.
Make sure your Tazer has the latest firmware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally PRND showing on my cluster! But does not sowing current gear. The next step is the milage to be fixed. I am going to wait patiently. I have a faith in the zauto team.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finally PRND showing on my cluster! But does not sowing current gear. The next step is the milage to be fixed. I am going to wait patiently. I have a faith in the zauto team.
I was able to get it to show individual gear with the paddle shifters using AlphaOBD but lost the functionality of the auto stick on the console shifter

·
Registered
74 Posts
the newest Tazer update brought up the PRND on my cluster but like I said I tried different shifter options with AlphaOBD until I found one that displays the individual gear in manual, it’s still not perfect but it works for me. Might be worth trying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So once again I tried this mod. With the same failing result. No gears on display bottoms don't work. How can you say it's successful. When it really doesn't work not even half way. I keeps getting not in park message also also something about transmission service required. Can someone here maybe help or is this just a broken mod. Here are the errors I get hope the pics work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For the first one, I don't know it looks strange to me. For the second one, I have the same message every time when the door is open. I think it is related to safety add it by dodge a long time ago. When you open the door car switch is the gear to neutral.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So once again I tried this mod. With the same failing result. No gears on display bottoms don't work. How can you say it's successful. When it really doesn't work not even half way. I keeps getting not in park message also also something about transmission service required. Can someone here maybe help or is this just a broken mod. Here are the errors I get hope the pics work. View attachment 121312 View attachment 121313
I wonder if this could be fixed by ALFA OBD. I wanna say I recall something being changed in the settings considering shifter type.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For the first one, I don't know it looks strange to me. For the second one, I have the same message every time when the door is open. I think it is related to safety add it by dodge a long time ago. When you open the door car switch is the gear to neutral.
The vehicle in park thing makes sense but the service transmission I can't get to go away and it basically makes the gauge cluster useless.

1041 - 1060 of 1077 Posts