Dodge Charger Forum banner

1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Word of warning if you have the Tranzformer gen2. You CANNOT use it to do the cluster swap. Zauto basically killed off the Tranzformer, it will no longer be updated. If you update the tazer part of the gen2 you will lose the shift kit functionality. Not impressed with Zauto on this one. Back and forth emails for days for them to tell me tough sh*t.

Hey Dubb, if I do the swap with alfaobd what doesn't work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can enable srt pages. Also from what I have been reading you can also program the key fobs. Modify bcm settings I have not dug very deep into it as of yet. With out a doubt a great product when coupled with the obdlink MX+ . To get to some things you have to buy the odb2 blue adapter which I have on the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For the people who aren't able to change the splash screen on their 2015 + cluster, what year chargers do you have? Mine is a 2013 Charger, I have tried two different clusters, and still haven't been able to change the splash screen on my charger. I have tried changing it with the Tazer, as well as Alfaobd. However, I can get the splash screen to change on my 2013 dodge charger cluster. Any ideas on why it wont display on the 2016 clusters I have?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I've tried this a few times now and I think I'm going to let this mod go as nothing is working as it should.

I'm using the latest version tazer, yet my acc still doesn't display and gives my errors. My cluster is stuck in US units, does not read air temp even though it reads everything else, parking sensor display shows nothing and manual gear indicator only shows m or - -. Dubb you did a hell of a job getting this to work man but did I get a bum cluster (they don't call me Murphy for nothing)

Oh and for some reason, the tazer keeps disabling my remote start and backup camera.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the cluster originally a metric cluster or a standard cluster? If it was a standard cluster try a metric cluster. Maybe try another cluster? I did my swap in a 300 and received a 2016 300 SRT cluster from Australia and swapped it into my 14 American 300 and it automatically had the center in standard units and not metric.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a Canadian cluster going into a Canadian car. I can't find anything anywhere where I can change the units besides the radio. Not even alfaobd for Android is helping much here. Does anyone know if the pc version gives you better access

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a Canadian cluster going into a Canadian car. I can't find anything anywhere where I can change the units besides the radio. Not even alfaobd for Android is helping much here. Does anyone know if the pc version gives you better access
Same options phone to PC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can someone with alfaobd screenshot or tell me what items are in the "program customer features" sections of the 2015+ cluster

·
Registered
21 Posts
...I'm using the latest version tazer, ... My cluster is stuck in US units, does not read air temp even though it reads everything else, ... Dubb you did a hell of a job getting this to work man but did I get a bum cluster (they don't call me Murphy for nothing)...
I have also the same problemes with the units but not the other problems. I don't have ACC but parking sensor display, remote start, rear cam and gear indicator is working fine.
I would be happy to get an update to change the units, for now I use the Infos in the Uconnect.

But I have an other problem.
Yesterday I got an oil change and we tried to reset the oil quality display but it dosn't work. The engine was off, ignition on and I tried it with the key combination for "ok" but nothing. If the engine is running and I try it I got the message that it is only available with engine off and ignition on.
Can any of you reset the oil quality display?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So after running the ipc self diagnostic through alfoobd I finally clued in that my cluster is not programmed. Also if I do a status read from Alfaobd there is no vin listed for the cluster and I cannot find a place to write a vin to the cluster.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So after running the ipc self diagnostic through alfoobd I finally clued in that my cluster is not programmed. Also if I do a status read from Alfaobd there is no vin listed for the cluster and I cannot find a place to write a vin to the cluster.
I looked at my cluster options on android 15+ besides testing lights mileage and hours appeared to be the only changeable items I believe.

I do show and option for Reset VIN values. But nothing beyond that explain exactly what it does.

1061 - 1077 of 1077 Posts