Dodge Charger Forum banner

1101 - 1111 of 1111 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would someone that has done the swap reply with what doesn’t work after swapping the cluster and using the current version of the Tazer? There’s a lot of info in the 55 pages of this thread and just want to make sure I understand what will be non-functional after the swap. I have a 2014 SXT with 8-speed trans. Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Would someone that has done the swap reply with what doesn’t work after swapping the cluster and using the current version of the Tazer? There’s a lot of info in the 55 pages of this thread and just want to make sure I understand what will be non-functional after the swap. I have a 2014 SXT with 8-speed trans. Thanks!
In my 2011

What does not work that I have noticed:

Oil Life (You can't reset it for some reason)

G-Forces

Peak G-Forces

Intake Air Temp (This is a 2011 only issue)

Autostick Does not show what gear is being used. (However having a 8spd may fix this issue as I have the older NAG1 5spd)

I was not able to update my engine hours and idle hours with alfaOBD, however was able to update mileage easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In my 2011

What does not work that I have noticed:

Oil Life (You can't reset it for some reason)

G-Forces

Peak G-Forces

Intake Air Temp (This is a 2011 only issue)

Autostick Does not show what gear is being used. (However having a 8spd may fix this issue as I have the older NAG1 5spd)

I was not able to update my engine hours and idle hours with alfaOBD, however was able to update mileage easily.
and...

You can't change from °F to °C

the odometer is only in mls and can not be changed to km

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is correct. I have been running a 2015 cluster in my 2013 for months without changing the mileage or VIN in the cluster. I have also just recently changed the mileage in the 2015 cluster without changing the VIN in the 2015 cluster and have had zero problems.
Can alfaobd be used to update mileage and active buttons on wheel

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can alfaobd be used to update mileage and active buttons on wheel
Mileage yes. Buttons require either a separate adurino or using a taser to interpret the can bus messages between the new cluster and the old steering wheel buttons otherwise they won't operate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, I want to thank everyone, especially @dubb45 that worked on this and took the time to write about it. I would have never gotten this done without you guys!

This thread is awesome! and yes, I read every page plus I don't know how many other threads.

I just replaced my 2011 cluster with a 2015 pursuit cluster I got off of ebay. I already had a Tazer and the alfaobd program, but now I need a new bezel, though I might trim mine. Most everything worked right away. First I used alfaobd to set the mileage. That took a few tries though. I didn't get anywhere using kilometers, so I went to mileage and did a bunch of stuff I read in this thread. Finally, I rounded up on my mileage and it took, though I'm not sure that was it or just repeated attempts finally got it. I tried the engine hours but I don't know if that worked or not. I did change the VIN but it took the last three numbers and put them in the front, lol...close enough for me. I also got the performance pages working, and changed the transmission setting to 5 polystable whatever it is.

All I did was plug the Tazer in and it started working by itself, and I don't have to use the cruise + button to navigate the menus, the arrows seem to work fine.

Here's what doesn't seem to work:
Oil Life
G-Forces
Peak G-Forces
Intake Air Temp
Autostick gear indication
cruise mile set, just that it's on
none of the reaction timers seem to work
and for audio, I get the AM antenna with whichever I'm listening to (FM, Sirius and station) displaying below that.
I haven't tried changing language or english/metric units...

All in all, I am very, very happy with this...it's almost like a new car and I can certainly live without what doesn't work, especially considering I didn't have it in the first place! lol.

·
Registered
364 Posts
First, I want to thank everyone, especially @dubb45 that worked on this and took the time to write about it. I would have never gotten this done without you guys!

This thread is awesome! and yes, I read every page plus I don't know how many other threads.

I just replaced my 2011 cluster with a 2015 pursuit cluster I got off of ebay. I already had a Tazer and the alfaobd program, but now I need a new bezel, though I might trim mine. Most everything worked right away. First I used alfaobd to set the mileage. That took a few tries though. I didn't get anywhere using kilometers, so I went to mileage and did a bunch of stuff I read in this thread. Finally, I rounded up on my mileage and it took, though I'm not sure that was it or just repeated attempts finally got it. I tried the engine hours but I don't know if that worked or not. I did change the VIN but it took the last three numbers and put them in the front, lol...close enough for me. I also got the performance pages working, and changed the transmission setting to 5 polystable whatever it is.

All I did was plug the Tazer in and it started working by itself, and I don't have to use the cruise + button to navigate the menus, the arrows seem to work fine.

Here's what doesn't seem to work:
Oil Life
G-Forces
Peak G-Forces
Intake Air Temp
Autostick gear indication
cruise mile set, just that it's on
none of the reaction timers seem to work
and for audio, I get the AM antenna with whichever I'm listening to (FM, Sirius and station) displaying below that.
I haven't tried changing language or english/metric units...

All in all, I am very, very happy with this...it's almost like a new car and I can certainly live without what doesn't work, especially considering I didn't have it in the first place! lol.
Being a 2011, IAT will never work.

My Reaction Timers work. (2011) You have to set the sequence using the button that stand in for "ok". (Read Tazer)

Everything else is spot on. I enjoy the cluster a lot more than I had planned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I swapped cluster but some car functions stopped working. I don't know if those are written somewhere in this thread.
My 2013 RT, what has FCW and adaptive cruise control, couldn't enable cruise control at all. Screen showd acc disabled.
Couldn't swap units to metric (uconnect screen was showing metric but cluster had imperial).
Radio stations didn't show current station.
Disabled cruise control and and imperial units are making me sad.

·
Registered
Dodge Charger GT/Plus 2020
7 Posts
I swapped cluster ...
Disabled cruise control and and imperial units are making me sad.
Hmmm this swap sounds a bit risky. Probably it's good ACC is disabled. This thing has access to your gas pedal. Isn't it a little too risky to do this untested swap ? This is hardware and software mix. It's sending signals to controllers etc. Can it accelerate suddenly when you think you're turning on your radio? Or something else like that ?

1101 - 1111 of 1111 Posts