Dodge Charger Forum banner

1101 - 1106 of 1106 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would someone that has done the swap reply with what doesn’t work after swapping the cluster and using the current version of the Tazer? There’s a lot of info in the 55 pages of this thread and just want to make sure I understand what will be non-functional after the swap. I have a 2014 SXT with 8-speed trans. Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Would someone that has done the swap reply with what doesn’t work after swapping the cluster and using the current version of the Tazer? There’s a lot of info in the 55 pages of this thread and just want to make sure I understand what will be non-functional after the swap. I have a 2014 SXT with 8-speed trans. Thanks!
In my 2011

What does not work that I have noticed:

Oil Life (You can't reset it for some reason)

G-Forces

Peak G-Forces

Intake Air Temp (This is a 2011 only issue)

Autostick Does not show what gear is being used. (However having a 8spd may fix this issue as I have the older NAG1 5spd)

I was not able to update my engine hours and idle hours with alfaOBD, however was able to update mileage easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In my 2011

What does not work that I have noticed:

Oil Life (You can't reset it for some reason)

G-Forces

Peak G-Forces

Intake Air Temp (This is a 2011 only issue)

Autostick Does not show what gear is being used. (However having a 8spd may fix this issue as I have the older NAG1 5spd)

I was not able to update my engine hours and idle hours with alfaOBD, however was able to update mileage easily.
and...

You can't change from °F to °C

the odometer is only in mls and can not be changed to km

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is correct. I have been running a 2015 cluster in my 2013 for months without changing the mileage or VIN in the cluster. I have also just recently changed the mileage in the 2015 cluster without changing the VIN in the 2015 cluster and have had zero problems.
Can alfaobd be used to update mileage and active buttons on wheel

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can alfaobd be used to update mileage and active buttons on wheel
Mileage yes. Buttons require either a separate adurino or using a taser to interpret the can bus messages between the new cluster and the old steering wheel buttons otherwise they won't operate.

1101 - 1106 of 1106 Posts