Dodge Charger Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did and same issue. I unmarried the tazer and it is driving normal but without any tazer features. I’ll retry it tomorrow. I got it home at least lol.
It was P1DF3 so the transmission module.
I have the 8spd and everytime I turn cluster swap on it throws me a code P1DF3 and tranny won’t shift out of park. When I unmarry I can drive just fine with the new speedometer. The speedometer works great and the buttons do too. But when the buttons are working tranny won’t work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off thanks to all who have put in the time to research this all. Especially @dubb45! I have been enjoying the fruits of your labors for 6 months or so now! I took the car in for inspection, and mistakenly gave the green light to let them do an oil change. They blindly did the oil change reset routine and now I am stuck with the press and hold OK to reset on my cluster. Obviously, in an 11, I don't have an OK button. I have tried holding every combination I can think of. I have cycled the battery. Nothing seems to work. Any thoughts as to how I can get my display back?

Edit to add: Glad to hear about the AlfaOBD! Looking into sorting out my milage situation soon!
[/QUOTE
Did you ever figure out the press ok to setup cluster prompt? I just swapped mine and realized I don't have a ok button. Do I need the tazer mod?

·
Registered
823 Posts
If only people would do some research they may find answers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
If people had any brains, or initiative you could find easily, that either a can bus translator, or a tazer is required for this. Swapping steering does not work due to can bus differences.

Get a tazer, read the instructions for the love of God cause no one never does. And enjoy the swap. OK button is done via using two buttons. All in the tazer manual.

My 2011 has a newer cluster with a tazer with zero issues. But then again, I did research, read manuals, and the entirety of this thread. Some clusters just don't work. You may have to go through some.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought there was a trim pack for the 11-14 year that had it? My main issue is the "press okay to setup instrument cluster. Is there a way you can bypass?
That guy doesn’t listen and just likes arguing. Anyway no there’s no steering wheel with Ok button from 11-14. Zautomotive tazer let’s you use ur old steering wheel buttons with the new and they set it up so you can hit 2 buttons and it counts as Ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That guy doesn’t listen and just likes arguing. Anyway no there’s no steering wheel with Ok button from 11-14. Zautomotive tazer let’s you use ur old steering wheel buttons with the new and they set it up so you can hit 2 buttons and it counts as Ok.
Okay, my bad. I'm not trying to argue fr.I bought my 2012 charger se with a blown motor and that was my brother and I first swap we've ever done. I've also replaced my trans last month. I have swapped my cloth seats for heated and ventilated front and rear with everything functional. I have brains. I was just looking for quick answers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Okay, my bad. I'm not trying to argue fr.I bought my 2012 charger se with a blown motor and that was my brother and I first swap we've ever done. I've also replaced my trans last month. I have swapped my cloth seats for heated and ventilated front and rear with everything functional. I have brains. I was just looking for quick answers.
Nah ur good, I felt the same way asking a quick question awhile back and dude wanted to act smart wit me too.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nah ur good, I felt the same way asking a quick question awhile back and dude wanted to act smart wit me too.
Actually, I do listen. Hence why I actually answered the question. And where I was wrong on the trans deal which I admitted with you, you still acted like a chest puffing kid cause you have a V6 and have something to try and prove. Completely to the point you had to go cry to your boyfriend and get him to join just to help you out. And your simple question was answered multiple times. You just wanted everything laid out for you.

Regardless, bottom line is. Out of the three people in the immediate conversation, one has a working cluster swap. And that one did their own research using the actual quick way via google.

Forums are good for very specific questions and are not in any way considered a "quick answer". The fact that google did a search in half a second, and the very first video gives you all the basic info you just asked illustrates this.

I am not honestly trying to be a dick, but there is this issue where folks join the forum, ask a question, want everything laid out for them aka have others do all the damn work, and then they pop off never come back without ever actually being a productive member of the forum.

TLDR: People who have been here longer are getting tired of holding lazy peoples hands.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Actually, I do listen. Hence why I actually answered the question. And where I was wrong on the trans deal which I admitted with you, you still acted like a chest puffing kid cause you have a V6 and have something to try and prove. Completely to the point you had to go cry to your boyfriend and get him to join just to help you out. And your simple question was answered multiple times. You just wanted everything laid out for you.

Regardless, bottom line is. Out of the three people in the immediate conversation, one has a working cluster swap. And that one did their own research using the actual quick way via google.

Forums are good for very specific questions and are not in any way considered a "quick answer". The fact that google did a search in half a second, and the very first video gives you all the basic info you just asked illustrates this.

I am not honestly trying to be a dick, but there is this issue where folks join the forum, ask a question, want everything laid out for them aka have others do all the damn work, and then they pop off never come back without ever actually being a productive member of the forum.

TLDR: People who have been here longer are getting tired of holding lazy peoples hands.
My question was about a differential swap which isn’t one google search away thanks. And umm I have a working cluster too so you aren’t the only one pal, also upgraded to the 8.4 radio. Got my tax return and just waiting a few more checks for that rip supercharger. Good luck to you arguing with people on the forums though. I’ll see you in my rear view mirror bud.

·
Registered
823 Posts
My question was about a differential swap which isn’t one google search away thanks. And umm I have a working cluster too so you aren’t the only one pal, also upgraded to the 8.4 radio. Got my tax return and just waiting a few more checks for that rip supercharger. Good luck to you arguing with people on the forums though. I’ll see you in my rear view mirror bud.
Oh, so you got those buttons working?

Hey, glad you have to save up for that S/c. Sorry you have to spend that much to try and beat stock R/ts tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After that tons of attempts to update my mileage I finally figured it out!
2014 Charger Rt swapped with a 2018 Scat cluster

I used to obdMx+ and it was one of two things that made it finally go through - Ichanged the vin through the app on the cluster or
Trip computer Gauge Reflex camera Automotive design Vehicle

when I hit “start” to update the mileage, I would quickly press it again while the screen reset. I have yet to figure out the ACC/Cruise light

·
Registered
137 Posts

And if people like that way of doing things they should go back to Facebook 😆

·
Registered
2011 Charger R/T Road and Track
23 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out how to change the splash for the 2011s? I know someone said there was a limitation with the BCM.

Also anyone figure out how to get the push to start to show up on the cluster? Mine still only shows the black screen w/mileage

1161 - 1180 of 1181 Posts