Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear-ended last Christmas and the car has had intermittent problems starting ever since, but I’m not sure of the cause.

When I try to use the remote start or push start, the electrical accessories will all turn on and the starter (I presume) will click once but not turnover. The voltage reading is showing 12.0-12.1, and then check engine light will remain on. The anti-theft light will show then disappear, and the AC will turn on briefly then cut off within seconds. There aren’t any codes showing on obd2/eobd reader, and I’ve replaced the headlight fuses and battery within the past couple weeks so those are all new. I replaced the key fob batteries as well and tried my spare, but nothing seems to work.

I’ve taken the car to a Dodge dealer and they’ve twice not been able to replicate the issue and seem to think it’s fine, but here I am. At one point they mentioned a grounding bolt had been painted over by the body repair shop which they had stripped and apparently fixed...

When the car does start, the headlights and other electronics work fine and the voltage jumps up to ~14 or so and the issue seems to go away, it only seems to strike when the car has been sitting somewhere overnight (so far), but didn’t have any issues when I left it for vacation and came back after a week.

The red power steering light and the red electronic throttle lights both flash on startup and disappear.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
At one point they mentioned a grounding bolt had been painted over by the body repair shop which they had stripped and apparently fixed...
I suspect there are other wiring harness/connector or ground connection issues. It could be something with the rear power distribution center (rear fuse box).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts