Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Sorry if this post is long winded...

Brand new here, just bought my first Charger and it's a salvage build. Put up the auction pictures below and will try to keep posting while I build. It's at the body shop now after I got done putting the driver knee on. We bought a 2nd parts car (color matched) that only had 12k miles and had the fender, doors, and rocker molding. Car is fairly loaded with the options like the heated and cooled seats and such.

Below I have listed my plans as of right now. I am very open to any suggestions, concerns, questions, and critiques! I work at a salvage yard so OEM parts are fairly easy to come by!

Plans in process...
  • Obviously fix the damage and get it on the road.
  • Replace stock Firehawk tires with Perelli Scorpions.
  • Remove the black decals on the sides.
  • Replace damaged hood with OEM single hood scoop hood (no vents) paint to match the rest of the car. I think it's the SRT 392 hood?
  • Switch chrome "DODGE" center caps to the hyper black with the 2 stripes.
  • Remove "DODGE" from taillight applique.
  • Tint Taillights and side markers.
  • Tint all windows 20% minus the windshield.
  • Replace all chrome "Charger" and "R/T" emblems with black ones.
  • Mid muffler delete, but keep resonators to combat drone with MDS.
  • Replace rear valance with pursuit valance add 4" SS tips.
  • Replace OEM air intake with Mopar CAI.
  • Replace standard spoiler with Hellcat style spoiler painted gloss black.
Possible ideas that I'd love input on...
  • SRT rocker molding? Do not want to make it look too much like an SRT because it isn't one.
  • Tint 4" down on windshield at the 20%? Not sure if I like that look or not.
  • Rear window louvers? Since it's a 4 door I'm not sure I love that look.
  • Remove or keep mudflaps? Need at least 1 if i keep them.
  • Thought about just leaving the rear naked with no emblems or do i go with the black?
  • I don't like the engine cover, removed it because of a crack, not sure what to do there...
Here's the auction pictures...

37974749_Image_1.JPG
37974749_Image_2.JPG
37974749_Image_3.JPG
37974749_Image_4.JPG
37974749_Image_5.JPG
37974749_Image_6.JPG
37974749_Image_7.JPG
37974749_Image_8.JPG
37974749_Image_9.JPG
37974749_Image_10.JPG

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Looks like you've got quite the project ahead of you Helmus! Looks like you're on the right track with what you have planned out. This is obviously your project , so it's up to you on what you want to do, this is just our 2 cents.

Headlight Tail Light Tint- Check out Luxe, they have a vehicle specific kit for your car, so it will simplify it greatly for you

Hood- If you're replacing it, get one that is vented. It will help you on those hot summer days to help cool the engine.

Mid Muffler Delete- Check out our website www.khaosmotorsports.com, we've shipped them all over the world.

Debadge- Once you take them off, it'll be hard to put them back on since its a nice clean look. Plus, turns it into a sleeper. They'll think is a v6 until you smoke them off the line.

Rear Diff- Find one from a manual challenger or a scat pack, you'll want a LSD.

Tazor- Will allow you to turn of your Traction control entirely

DiabloSport Tuner- Offers canned tunes that are pretty decent, and will allow you to turn off your MDS

MDS Delete Kit- Replace your cam and lifters with a non-mds cam and lifters. With ours we only saw 1-2 MPG drop when we used the diablosport to delete this. We are finishing up a kit to replace the internals due to the risk of the MDS lifters failing.

Lowering Kit- You can use Eibach all the way up to KW. Really improves the stance of the vehicle. We currently have to Eibach Pro Kit on our '13 Charger. Lowered it about 1.5" and looks great! We were still able to fit 305's on the back as well.

If you have any questions feel free to message us. We look forward to seeing your progress!

Where in Michigan are you by the way? We're located in Wyoming!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like you've got quite the project ahead of you Helmus! Looks like you're on the right track with what you have planned out. This is obviously your project , so it's up to you on what you want to do, this is just our 2 cents.

Headlight Tail Light Tint- Check out Luxe, they have a vehicle specific kit for your car, so it will simplify it greatly for you

Hood- If you're replacing it, get one that is vented. It will help you on those hot summer days to help cool the engine.

Mid Muffler Delete- Check out our website www.khaosmotorsports.com, we've shipped them all over the world.

Debadge- Once you take them off, it'll be hard to put them back on since its a nice clean look. Plus, turns it into a sleeper. They'll think is a v6 until you smoke them off the line.

Rear Diff- Find one from a manual challenger or a scat pack, you'll want a LSD.

Tazor- Will allow you to turn of your Traction control entirely

DiabloSport Tuner- Offers canned tunes that are pretty decent, and will allow you to turn off your MDS

MDS Delete Kit- Replace your cam and lifters with a non-mds cam and lifters. With ours we only saw 1-2 MPG drop when we used the diablosport to delete this. We are finishing up a kit to replace the internals due to the risk of the MDS lifters failing.

Lowering Kit- You can use Eibach all the way up to KW. Really improves the stance of the vehicle. We currently have to Eibach Pro Kit on our '13 Charger. Lowered it about 1.5" and looks great! We were still able to fit 305's on the back as well.

If you have any questions feel free to message us. We look forward to seeing your progress!

Where in Michigan are you by the way? We're located in Wyoming!
I am going to tint the taillights and the side markers. Did go with Luxe!

The hood I went with the single scoop without the vents. Like the look of it that way myself and didn't want to be a copy cat of a model that mine isn't!

I will check out your delete kit, do you guys do any work and is there any discount if I stopped by and picked up the kit?

Debadge as of right now everything is off other than the HEMI on the fenders, we'll see if I put the black ones on the back or not.

Working where I do, I am just keeping an eye out for a diff with LSD!

Not sure I'll mess with any tuner at the moment. I drive about 65 miles per day at least for work so though 1-2mpg may not seem like a lot, it adds up for a daily driver!

Will look into lowering it once I see the stance with everything done for sure.

The yard I work at is in Cedar Springs, MI, I live in Hudsonville at the moment, just moved from Wyoming 2 years ago!

Also, I really appreciate the input and feedback!

·
Vendor
36 Posts
We'd be glad to give you a discount! Nothing better then helping out someone in our neighborhood. We don't do any work on customers cars unless it is to check fitment. We are a fully operational machine shop with mandrel bending. Soon we will have our Dyno up and running and will be offering that service along with tuning. You can stop by anytime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts