2016 Torred R/T Build

Discussion in '2016 Dodge Charger Forum' started by Torred16, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Torred16

Torred16 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2016
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Hey guys, I got my 2016 Torred R/T back in November of 2016. We had a baby so I haven't had time to work on the charger until now that my little boy is a little bit older and I'm actually getting some sleep :)

I will try to make this build brief and only list where I got my parts and my thoughts. No installation instructions, sorry I don't have time to go into the details. I have zero mechanical skills so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for anyone else.

Stock
    1.JPG

1st Update
    2.JPG

Gloss Black Hellcat Spoiler
    - got it off ebay prepainted. Paint held up great so far.

Badge Delete
    - they pop right off with a fishing line. Much cleaner look.

2nd Update
    3.JPG 4.JPG
    SRT Front End
    - got it from ikonmotorsports on ebay prepainted. You cannot tell from the pictures, but horrible quality and horrible paint job. Not OEM equivalent material, missing all kind of hardware, poor fitment. It took 2 days and was a nightmare to install and my only option was to use zip ties to hold up the bumper, yes that's right, zip ties! Fortunately the zip ties have been holding up well for the past 8 months. Horrible paint job up close, scratches, uneven surfaces, not enough clear coat every where. Also the paint color did not match OEM. They also accidentally painted the plastic trim pieces underneath the headlights. I can go on and on... Very much regretted this purchase. Go OEM!

3rd Update
    5.jpg 6.jpg

18% Suntek CXP All Around
    - fantastic tint for affordable price! My second car with Suntek and so far so good. I see no reason to go for other more expensive alternatives.

3M Gloss Black Roof Wrap & Front Bumper Trim Pieces
    - 3M was pretty much only option where I live. No complains. Fixed the paint screw-up underneath the headlights and had to match other trim pieces to gloss black too. I actually prefer the gloss black over the cheap looking matte plastic look. I really hate unpainted plastic trims on cars, gloss black looks finished and premium.

4th Update
    7.JPG 8.JPG
    OEM Hellcat Hood
    - I learned my lesson with the front bumper. Went OEM. Night and day difference in quality and fitment of course. I got it off of ebay from gotztohavdemnikes user. I would have went to the dealer ship, but the hood was on national back-order, so I went to ebay and fortunately it was legit mopar part. Only problem is there is a 1cm gap between the hood and the front bumper. Gonna try to adjust it after paint. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The black hood is definitely growing on me, I'm definitely painting it because it's a little too much black for me, but definitely a good looking and more sinister alternative look. Either way, what a sexy hood! looks even better in person!
    - My hood did not come with the hood insulation pad and the 4 screws needed to tighten down the 2 side vents. I went ordered them from a Dodge dealership. Part numbers below.
    68309049AA - Hood silencer / insulation pad
    06511229AA - Hex screw

Stay tune...

Schnozz71 and BilletRT like this.
  2. bjohnsonchargedup

bjohnsonchargedup Well-Known Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2008
    Trim?:
    SE
    Color?:
    Stone White
    Looking good brother!!!

Torred16 likes this.
  3. Ben Burke

Ben Burke New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2016
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Looks great! How did you cover up the holes after you took the old spoiler off?

4. Torred16

Torred16 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2016
    Trim?:
    R/T
    I used 5/16" silicone plugs found at lowes. Sprayed painted them red and glued them into the holes. The only time you see them is when thre trunk is opened, doesn't bother me. My car is at the shop, I can get you some pictures when I get her back.