Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching around for a while but couldn't find a backed up answer.
Im looking to get a new exhaust for my 2017 Charger R/T, one that'll have more crackles and pops than I should have being in SoCal. I currently have a mid muffler delete and I'm contempt with the sound but something louder would also be great. What are some top contenders for exhausts with the cracks/pops and great sound?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been searching around for a while but couldn't find a backed up answer.
Im looking to get a new exhaust for my 2017 Charger R/T, one that'll have more crackles and pops than I should have being in SoCal. I currently have a mid muffler delete and I'm contempt with the sound but something louder would also be great. What are some top contenders for exhausts with the cracks/pops and great sound?
My Borla atak crackles quite a bit. Great exhaust if you have the money

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey, I have the same setup and only get light pops when letting off the gas. I know in my previous car, a 2013 Focus ST, the only way to get crackles was to get a tune that made it happen. This was easy to do, since the PCM is unlocked. Not so easy with our cars because it's locked so you have to buy an unlocked PCM before you can tune it. Also, I am unsure of the availability of any crackle-pop tunes for the Hemi.
So bottom line; For cars with unlocked PCM you can tune for the cost of a tuning device, about $400. For cars with locked PCM's the cost will include a tuning device, and a new unlocked PCM, plus any any tune that doesn't come with the device. I'm not sure of the cost of all this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts