Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Charger SXT Plus w/Blacktop Pkg, w/ Leather Pkg, & W/Nav & TravelPkg
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early the morning of August 4, 2021 I was travelling westbound between Decatur and Denton on US 380 near CR 2311. At 6:30 AM it was still very dark, even more than usual due to the spotty rain and the overcast sky. The road was not overly wet, but one could tell it had been raining, so my speed was 60-65MPH (in 70MPH Limit zone).

I crested a small rise near CR2311. I spotted 2 police vehicles with their red & blue warning lights flashing about one-half mile ahead of me. One was on the eastbound side of the divided highway, and the other on the right shoulder of the westbound lane. In accordance with Texas traffic laws I immediately reduced my speed (to 55MPH) and moved from the right lane to the left lane to pass the police vehicle. The was no indication of why they were stopped, and no other warning signs or lights indicating a road hazard ahead. My passenger and I both thought it curious – from afar it looked like a routine traffic stop.

Unknown to me, and impossible to see in the dark were several black cow(s) roaming loose on the highway and highway center median. Some 2-3 car lengths after I passed the Wise County Sheriff’s vehicle one of the black cows crossed from the center median into the left center westbound lane directly in front of my vehicle. This occurred about 2000’ west of CR2311.

Fortunately, neither my passenger nor I were injured. However, the collision resulted in the total loss of my 2017 SXT.

Tire Vehicle Sky Wheel Car

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Glad no one was injured. According to Texas law do you get to keep the cow? If the cow totals your car you should at least get some steaks and burgers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts