Dodge Charger Forum banner

2018 Charger GT questions

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  NJMOPAR 
#1 ·
New to dodge. Is it possible to remove speed governor? Besides CAI what else can make the car a little faster. Anyone have any advice overall about the car? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
-Ported intake from modern muscle
-bbk 78mm throttle body
-any aftermarket catback exhaust with either an x-pipe or h-pipe (x-pipe usually makes more power). I like the flowmaster American thunder kit because although it’s not the loudest it certainly sounds throaty, unlike the corsa one which just sounds like a louder fart can.
After that everything just gets expensive, I’m currently building out and supercharging mine.
I’ll leave links below.

^make sure you get the right one as one is for EGR motors

All these and a good dyno tune and you’ll make roughly 30-40 horsepower.

#3 ·
15+ requires an unlocked PCM for any changes. Which most of the time incluides getting a tune. Custom tunes work better than stock "canned" tunes provided with basic tuners.

78 mm TB is only going to lighten your wallet. Do you honestly believe a TB is the choke point on the 3.6? Considering 5.7 and 6.4 use a 80mm really believe 2 mm shy of that a 3.6 can gulp that much air? Cause on a scientific WAG, I would wager no.

Ported lower intake with a stock upper? What would be the point if the ports do not match all the way?

Honestly, besides dumping a lot of money into it, there is not much to do with the 3.6 that is cost efficient. It's not a V6 hate. But do need to come to terms on the reality of what you have vs what you hope for.

#4 ·
I’ve already tested with or without a ported plenum and there’s no real difference, I don’t want anyone to get burned on something that doesn’t add anything.

I’ve only recommended these parts because I’ve done the before and after dyno and seen the difference.

The simple answer for the 3.6 is all you really can do are things that improve airflow before you start spending a lot of money

#6 ·
If you had done before and after dyno then why did you not post them up? And why not post them now?

As stated, a stock 3.6 is not going to pull nearly as much air as a 5.7 or 6.4. For the price point it is not worth it.

#7 ·
So, you do know that know that just pushing your foot more gives the same effect right? And that at WOT the PC does nothing? Nor does it increase power?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.