2018 Charger Information

Discussion in 'Industry News and Dodge Press Releases.' started by brandon316, Jun 10, 2017.

1. brandon316

brandon316 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Apparently ordering information is at the dealers. Looking for what changes are being made to the 2018's, does anyone have access to this info?

2. Sean Brown

Sean Brown New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    I too would like to know. Working with a local dealer to buy a 2017, and they didn't give me a straight answer on the 2018s such as options/colors/updates/changes/ordering time frame. Would LOVE to know if anyone has any input.

3. brandon316

brandon316 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Been trying to get this for a bit now and even the guys that work at dodge dealers are being quiet. IDK.....

4. Sean Brown

Sean Brown New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Yeah - became a member here today as I struck a 'verbal agreement' with a local dealer to secure the 2017 SXT AWD with the options I wanted as the rebates are decent. I know they are dropping the SXT designation in favor of the GT to align more with the Challenger line....but here's my fear....

I've been doing some research on performance mods, because let's be honest - if these AWDs had 5.7L HEMI power with an 8-speed, they'd be a pretty awesome package. In speaking with RIPP superchargers, they said the 3.6L Pentastar, the 8-speed and the AWD drivelines, 'are built like a tank'. My fear is Dodge rolls out the 2018 Charger with a SUPERCHARGED 3.6L and drops the 5.7L Hemi for emissions reasons - which has been rumored to happen. Everone is going to turbocharged or supercharged 4's and 6's and moving away from V8's. With the 6.4L 392 and Scat Pack power/handling, the 5.7L HEMI - while very nice at 370HP - is redundant.

Just don't want to buy a 2017 and regret it 3 weeks later.....I'll get soaked.

5. YesThisThingHasAHemi

YesThisThingHasAHemi Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    ^^^ I don't think this will happen until 2020 or 2021. The Hemi should stick around a couple of more years. They keep delaying the new platform because, I believe, Sergio Marchionne is looking to sell. No need to switch to the Alpha platform when they may be bought out soon. I'm not sure we will see any changes at all for 2018. Maybe a couple of new paint colors.

6. Charger NJ 18

Charger NJ 18 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger GT AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Hello, all. I am new to the forum. I custom-ordered a 2018 GT AWD at the beginning of July. It is scheduled to come in on Aug 15th. There was no option for the HEMI in an AWD. I drive up in NY and winters are rough. I so much wish I could have ordered the HEMI but AWD is a must for me.

The GT is basically similar to the Rallye, pushing to 300 HP. Interestingly, the dealer just came through with pricing about 2 weeks ago and Dodge has not announced any 2018 incentives; although I have read of one minor rebate.

I can't find a reliable picture of the 2018 to save my life. I've searched news every day. All I read is there will be a "minor" refresh, and they will try to address some of the knocks on the interior material quality by adding more soft-touch materials. Anyone have any info?

7. brandon316

brandon316 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    My lease is almost up. I love my scat pack but I am oh so tempted to go look at three Kia stinger. While more of a GT, I keep reading this car is the new Pontiac G8, a car I loved and wish it was never done away with. (Ss is fugly) I'm trying to hold out to see what changes are made either way but come on it's, august!

8. Aaron 611

Aaron 611 New Member

Vehicle:
    Daytona
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    Well I ordered my 2018 last week. It'll have a 5.7 liter Hemi in it.

9. Charger NJ 18

Charger NJ 18 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger GT AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    I took delivery last week of my custom ordered 2018 GT AWD. I think they added some ambient interior light, but not sure if that was in the 2017. Have been told they added some "softer" and upgraded interior surfaces, but I am not sure if this.

Got the premium package with the black/ivory leather interior, hyperblack wheels, and black roof with sunroof. The Beats sound system is impressive. The safety features in that package are everything you could want! Love the Uconnect interface. Easy to use. Intuitive.

Love the car and am enjoying driving it. Quiet, smooth, and quick. Love the choice of normal, sport and comfort drive modes.

Very pleased with the purchase, although it was pricey. No rebates or incentives on the 2018.

10. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
  11. sivey42

sivey42 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Scat Pack
    I have a '17 Scat Pack, and was at my local dealership this morning for an oil change. They had a ton of new '18 models sitting out, and all have a new charger badge on the back. It basically says "charger 4" - and I was worried that they had stuck a 4-cyl engine in it, until I looked at the window stickers and saw V6. The "4" has the dodge hash marks ( // ) through it. Anyone know what the significance of the "4" logo is on the back of the '18 models? Replacement for the AWD badge maybe?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  12. bjohnsonchargedup

bjohnsonchargedup Well-Known Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2008
    Trim?:
    SE
    Color?:
    Stone White
  13. Aaron 611

Aaron 611 New Member