Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best "aggressive" sounding exhaust for a v6 charger. The most common one I'm seeing is the Flowmaster Super 10. But i just wanted some insight on what you guys might think. I'm not a "car guy" so that's why I'm here asking those who are.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If you have a GT, you should already have the complete dual R/T setup. You can delete your mid mufflers (that's not how I would go, but it's an option, and probably better than hacking up your stainless factory exhaust and putting in some schlock aftermarket exhaust), you can modify your resonators for a little more sound, or you could go with something like the Solo Mach XV, which is definitely more aggressive, but has adjustable J-pipes to eliminate drone, and is made from stainless steel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've only had personal experience with the Pypes Street Pro and the Solo. Between the two the Solo is the clear winner in my opinion. No drone, and screams at full throttle. It won't make it sound like a Hemi, but it does sound great! The Pypes fitment was horrible and the drone would shake the whole cabin.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just bought a 2019 GT and looking to get a little more growl; haven't even had a chance to crawl under there and see the stock setup yet.

Guys, I just want to point out that you don't have to buy a full cat-back system to upgrade your exhaust. For the cost of a pair of Flowmasters and about a hundred bucks for labor, you can change your sound dramatically. There's no reason to get rid of most of the existing pipe for most people.

I had a 2012 SXT Blacktop with the same 3.6L, and went through several variations with mine. One thing I learned; if you don't want a drone, keep the resonators on! I had replaced the mufflers with some Magnaflows and had a pretty good sound, but couldn't leave well enough alone. So I pulled the resonators, sold them, and replaced them with cherry bombs. It sounded like an absolute BEAST when I revved it, but the drone was so horrible during normal driving that I was too embarrassed to drive it. Sounded like a ricer on steroids, and the OEM resonators were gone. Ended up replacing the Magnaflows with Dynomax VT, which got rid of most of the drone.

Enough of the horror stories, though. If you are proud of how you have your GT sounding, post a video and let us all hear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts