Dodge Charger Forum banner

2018 RT STP purchase !

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Nuwanda 
#1 ·
Hey guys I just remade an account I just got my 2018 STP charger rt for 32k out the door with 22k miles ...the bumper warranty warranty is done in 5 months but I still got a few years on the powertrain which is my main concern on any car !. It’s got heated seats and blacktop package and nah... Idc about nav but it’s good for a future trade in I’d assume lol.
First single purchase at 22 so I’m grateful but the only thing is it top out at 134-135. But better than 130 atleast and I could always tune but I’m not sure how much that cost or if it’s worth. I think 135 cool but what y’all think ? Can I take off the tune when I plan to trade in in the future or will that cause issues. I’m new to car that actually built to enjoy speed , I came from a. 2015 white se! Appreciate any that reply!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Should also add the cars RT in California right now are 28k minimum and don’t(basically sxt charger body with blacktop or was a base 2019 with more miles(abused in my opinion but can go 150mph) or the price was upwards to 36 which is scat pack range at that point.

#3 ·
Every tuner I've ever seen includes the option to return the car to factory tune whenever you want.

Of course, in your case, you'd need to buy an unlocked ECM to use a tuner.

I'm surprised that an STP doesn't have the "high speed engine controller". Have you checked the build sheet or manifest? What was the speed rating on the original tires?

#10 ·
So your concern for your first major car buy at 22 is getting a tune that will change the top speed from 130mph to 135mph? Really? And just how often do you plan to use this feature? Wow...okay. How about you just enjoy the car as is and save the money you will spend on a tune to pay the speeding tickets.

Anyway, congratulations on the find, and welcome to the forum.

#14 ·
So your concern for your first major car buy at 22 is getting a tune that will change the top speed from 130mph to 135mph? Really? And just how often do you plan to use this feature? Wow...okay. How about you just enjoy the car as is and save the money you will spend on a tune to pay the speeding tickets.

Anyway, congratulations on the find, and welcome to the forum.
136 to 155 because 2019 rts don’t have a governer! It was just the principle but yea man tbh what you just told is is how i thought after hearing myself say “I’ll take the limiter off” this car is a blast and I can just trade it in for a scat if it’s that serious ..I gotta be careful with speeding, I only got one life that goes for all of us.. thank you man !

#16 ·
Welcome to the Z, from Pittsburgh! I do like the performance suspension and fascia of the STP. As far as top speed limiter, Diablosport tuners can remove it. Just know that if you do, you will absolutely feel the need to test it at least once to make sure the limiter is gone. ;) Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.