Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I have a 2019 Charger 392 and I recently installed Vibrant 1142 Ultra Quiet resonators in place of the factory mid-mounted mufflers as well as MFER-1 active exhaust deletes. The rest of the exhaust is completely stock. Car only has 3000 miles on it currently.

I went with the Vibrant 1142 because i've used them in the past on other projects and they eliminate rasp and drone. On the charger they gave it a much deeper tone that is mellow when cruising, but for my taste the loudness at WOT is intoxicating.

I had the mid muffler delete for all of 2 days and i hated it, too much rasp and just wasn't what i want my car sounding like. The Vibrant 1142 are oval straight thru design with perforated core and 304SS.

Since I couldn't find anyone on the interwebs with a challenger or charger that used the 1142, I decided to use them and the videos don't do them justice. They are a fantastic alternative to a $1000 catback system as well as the commonly used bottle reso Vibrant 1794.

Overall, for around $170 a pair shipped, this gamble paid off. Oh and they get better once they break in.

Videos were done with Gopro Hero 5 using external microphone: Olympus ME-51S and wind sock.

Top vid *night*(exterior WOT pull, Sport mode, gear changes in manual mode, etc)
Bottom Vid *day* (interior cabin WOT pulle, Track mode, gear changes manual mode)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
VIbrant 1142 (Left) vs Stock muffler (right)

UPDATED VIBRANT 1142 VS stock muffler IMAGE.jpg

Vibrant vs stock 1 upclose.jpg

Vibrant UQ 1142 3in inlet left vs STOCK MUFFLER right 2.75.jpg

Vibrant Ultra Quiet 1142.jpg

Vibrant 1142 Ultra Quiet Resonators installed in place of factory mufflers.
Best exhaust photo 392 SP cory RRamps.jpg

VIbrant 1142 Installed rear side view 1.jpg

Also, I have P4D Differential Brace installed shown below, this was one of my first mods to help with preventing wheel hop.

VIbrant 1142 Installed rear view with P4D 1.jpg

MFER-1 active exhaust valve delete kit.
MFER-1 active exhaust bypass 1.jpg

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Sounds good brother, congrats

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered a pair of these today. The Mini Bullets for mids have got to go. I will keep the bullets I have installed as resonators for now. But I really like the deeper tone you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, I have P4D Differential Brace installed shown below, this was one of my first mods to help with preventing wheel hop.

View attachment 91590
Is this the standard P4D diff or the Billet? Bought MFER-1 kit to give it a shot and thinking about the Vibrant Ultra 3" for my 2020. Did you do the install yourself? (Price range if able on install?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is this the standard P4D diff or the Billet? Bought MFER-1 kit to give it a shot and thinking about the Vibrant Ultra 3" for my 2020. Did you do the install yourself? (Price range if able on install?)
I installed the P45 Diff brace myself, the Vibrant ultra quiet are around $80-90 a piece and it cost me around $100 to have them welded in place. Each exhaust shop will be different though.

Its the standard brace from P4D. Had it for over a year now without any issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some more photos of the Vibrant 1142 Ultra quiet under the vehicle. Also some up close photos of the MFER1 installed. Over a year having both without any issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I purchased the Carven 3" X pipe, with a pair of Torca Sleeved 3" butt joint exhaust clamps. The Carven X pipe is stainless steel tig welded with a 8" crossover in the center. Very nice quality, and I'll be having it installed in place of the factory X pipe. Not sure it will effect power much, but should clean up the sound some. Plus its just a more efficient design than stock imo, and its 3" so it will connect to my stainless mid pipes easily.

TORCA sleeved butt joint/slip fit clamps 3" (TCS-300) Will use these for ease of install, a pair at the front attached to the Stainless Works 3" midpipes, and then some on the rear. This way it will be removable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts