Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of buying a v6.
I want to upgrade the exhaust system on it. I'm just looking for beefy muscle car sound.

Any one out there has replaced their exhaust system?

if so, what have you purchased?

Thanks guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I made the mistake of buying a v6.
I want to upgrade the exhaust system on it. I'm just looking for beefy muscle car sound.

Any one out there has replaced their exhaust system?

if so, what have you purchased?

Thanks guys!!!!!!
Kind of a long post but please read on...

Why do you say you made a mistake buying a V6? It’s a great car and you can do so much to it. Yea a V8 would be better, more power, but im sure you went for the V6 for a reason. I got the 2018 SXT Plus Leather and love it. I went with the V6 because I would save on gas long term and the price was within my range of affordability. Of course I would’ve wanted to get a V8 but at the end of the day, money talks and bullsh*% walks.

Upgrading the exhaust is something I’ve been on a path to do for a while now. Had mid muffler deleted and rear resonators removed as well. It was loud on startup, idle and when punching it, but too much drone. Had rear resonators put back on. Had a little deeper tone than stock and drone was gone but has some raspiness when accelerating. Rear Reaonators are what combat the drone on the Chargers.

Just recently had Dynomax Race Bullet installed where the mid muffler went. Slightly different tone than stock but not much difference. Some have said to remove rear resonators but with my prior experience, I’m somewhat hesitant because of the drone. Considering it though to see what it’ll sound like with the race bullet where as before it was a straight pipe.

If that doesn’t give me what I’m looking for, I’m thinking of having the Y pipe that connects the pipes from the cats removed. Having an X pipe installed in its place connecting to a dual in/dual out Flowmaster Super 44. Then from there two separate pipes going the rear (resonators removed) with some Flowmaster tips.

Much trial and error has gone into this process and about $350 spent so far. Mostly on labor/welding. At first I wanted to get that V8 sound but have realized that’s just not going to be possible having a V6. Even spending $1,000+ on a full catback exhaust system from the likes of Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc..., it’s just not going to put out that V8 sound.

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
21 Posts
love my V6! AWD and with the CAI a nice growl - i will do the exhaust sometime but I love my car it is by far one of my favorites!! and the kids lover all the lights and spreading out lounging in the back seat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts