Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received notice of a safety recall titled "V32 2019 L INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER" but the PDF on Chrysler's site is broken. Has anyone else received this one and had it fixed by the dealer? Trying to determine what's involved and if they're going to try to charge for "inspection fees" or some other nonsense I've dealt with in the past with other dealerships.

The additional detail on the site states:

"
Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 101 S5.3 requires vehicles to illuminate telltales and their identification sufficiently to make them visible to the driver under daylight and nighttime driving conditions. Under certain conditions, vehicles built with the affected instrument clusters may not illuminate the required telltales. Failure to illuminate telltales as appropriate may prevent the operator from receiving information regarding the status of vehicle systems, and can cause a vehicle crash without warning

Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall to flash suspect instrument clusters with updated software.
"

Thanks for any info provided!

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Im guessing, but it looks like all theyre doing is flashing the clusters. I doubt theyre pulling the dash apart for that, they shouldnt be charging any fees for a plug in update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s probably what they had to do with mine the day I bought it 2 weeks ago. Salesman called it a recall but I couldn’t find any recalls. Plug into computer. Took about 2 hours and all done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replies on this.

To provide an update - My gauge cluster (speedometer, tach, and information screen between the gauges) went completely dead this past weekend. Car still drives without any other issues, but none of the instrumentation works in the cluster.

I have an appointment for the dealer to take care of the recall tomorrow afternoon, so I'll provide a final update afterwards. When I set up the appointment they said the dead gauge cluster was related to the software problem associated with this recall, so hopefully it'll be a quick and easy fix tomorrow!

For a brand new car with 600 miles on it, I sure hope so!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mine did this today! Going in for re-programming next week. Also found out the selling dealer did this re-set on 3/23/19 when the car was still new on the lot. I took delivery 4/12/19 brand new and of course THAT doesn't show up on Safercar.gov.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts