Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally put in my Mishimoto coolant expansion tank on my 2019 Daytona 392. I was attempting to bleed the air out of the coolant lines but could not for the life of me find the air bleeder valve for the coolant system. I searched the forums and found pictures showing the location for the 2018 6.4L. Everything im seeing shows an allen screw inside of the water pump housing... When looking at the front of my 2019 water pump there is no allen screw, but there is a hose coming out of the same location. Can someone please let me know if they know the use of this hose and subsequently if i can undo the hose to attempt to bleed air out of the cooling system?

fullsizeoutput_2206.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2200.jpeg

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Your oil cooler coolant hose is taking the port. If the thermostat was installed with the bleeder vent in the 12 o'clock position it will bleed its self.

You can install a 3/8" street-t fitting and either plug the extra port or install a Brake Bleeder repair fitting.

upload_2019-9-21_22-0-7.jpeg
water_pump_burper.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you guys for the help. I ended up just backing the hose off for a few seconds until the coolant came out of the port. Then just slid the hose back on there and put the hose clamp back on. Cost $0 and was a very simple and easy effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts