Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to figure out what parts are needed to make the drivers side snorkel functional on my 2019 Daytona.... since its a Daytona, it comes standard with the mopar CAI, BUT that has a square cutout in the front, whereas the hellcat lower box has a round hole for that front ductwork...… has anyone figured out how or why lol ?????

·
Registered
602 Posts
So I am trying to figure out what parts are needed to make the drivers side snorkel functional on my 2019 Daytona.... since its a Daytona, it comes standard with the mopar CAI, BUT that has a square cutout in the front, whereas the hellcat lower box has a round hole for that front ductwork...… has anyone figured out how or why lol ?????
Is yours a Dayton 392?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Look at ebay 312342583948. This is what you'll need, and you DO have to remove the front fascia to install it. About 2 hours total, start to finish. Not a hard job, just have to take your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at ebay 312342583948. This is what you'll need, and you DO have to remove the front fascia to install it. About 2 hours total, start to finish. Not a hard job, just have to take your time.
Thanks ! I saw that " package" but it defeats the purpose of me having the Mopar Cold Air Intake. Id like to find the grille tube that can be used with what I currently have.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Do they even make one? Probably need to contact your local dealer's parts dept. and hope they know what they're doing! Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the hell cat box cut the bit out i needed n stuck it to the mopar CAI. I done a heep of homework on the CAIs n as people say mopar CAI is not a true CAI. By doing this mod when driving our air temps sit at ambiant temp. And iv seen it drop 1.5 below ambiant temp??? Im gessing our out door temp sensor on these cars must be next to something warm? Holding heat??? The mopar CAI has been proven not to be a heat soak like alot of other closed in CAI. Iv still left the top of it open and intake temps are low as you can go, of corse if your sitting there it rises its a beast of a car but gose down quick once the cars moving
20190811_195809.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any chance you have more pics and the part numbers?

A how to??

I live in Vegas, in our summers every bit of non engine bay air is needed.

The heat here is killer on everything!!!☠☠☠

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello this is the kit i brought off ebay. When i get the car back ill take some more photos, my plan was to see how close the snorkel was to the mopar square hole, it was way off so i decided to start cutting up the hellcat air box and fit the bit i need to the mopar CAI. I found out the plastics are diffrent and could not be welded so our plastice welder used a 2pot epoxy glue and glued it in. Worked sweet az. The piece i cut out of the hellcat lower air box u can see the side wall of the little squares i cut to a side wall as i needed the side wall to fill most of the gap as the mopar CAI is a tad diffrent shape. In the end there was a good 10mm gap on the top right corner, as i needed it to line up with the snorkel when fitted. But our plastic welder fill that up with the epoxy glue. It takes a bit of time fitting and test fitting to make shore everythings maked in the right place for cutting but shit now its done. The Mopar CAI breaths ambiant temps and proven colder that the ambiant temp sensor when moving.
Screenshot_20191121-074556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Any chance you have more pics and the part numbers?

A how to??

I live in Vegas, in our summers every bit of non engine bay air is needed.

The heat here is killer on everything!!!☠☠☠

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello this is the kit i brought off ebay. When i get the car back ill take some more photos, my plan was to see how close the snorkel was to the mopar square hole, it was way off so i decided to start cutting up the hellcat air box and fit the bit i need to the mopar CAI. I found out the plastics are diffrent and could not be welded so our plastice welder used a 2pot epoxy glue and glued it in. Worked sweet az. The piece i cut out of the hellcat lower air box u can see the side wall of the little squares i cut to a side wall as i needed the side wall to fill most of the gap as the mopar CAI is a tad diffrent shape. In the end there was a good 10mm gap on the top right corner, as i needed it to line up with the snorkel when fitted. But our plastic welder fill that up with the epoxy glue. It takes a bit of time fitting and test fitting to make shore everythings maked in the right place for cutting but shit now its done. The Mopar CAI breaths ambiant temps and proven colder that the ambiant temp sensor when moving. View attachment 118744
I didnt take many. You can see in this pic alot of epoxy glue filling up the top coner. You can also see the duct is fitted but not fully lined up 100%. The Mopar CAI sits diffrent but im happy it works and it cools the intake temps well
20191121_211512.jpg

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The K&N kit dyno sheet shows 20-something at the wheels, for the Scat Pack. At $230, I'll go with that and move the intake higher.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts