Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgrade their led lights to HID? I cant seem to find a 9005 hi/lo hid bulb.
I already have the 55 watt ballast just looking for bulbs.

Also, im trying to upgrade to a cold air intake. any ideas on what brand is good ive never had one before in any of my cars.

It is a 2019 3.6 engine.

Thanks for the info guys!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just changed them notice the one on the left is OEM
Not to overtake his post but, with these LED's , hows night time driving? Did they end up being better then the halogens? A lot of LED makers claim brighter then stock halogens, but most end up not being better, or what they claim output is, by what i found searching around. Thanks

@2019ChargerDestroyer , yeah i would go with K&N as well. I have never had a problem with there stuff.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,570 Posts
Has anyone upgrade their led lights to HID? I cant seem to find a 9005 hi/lo hid bulb.
I already have the 55 watt ballast just looking for bulbs.

Also, im trying to upgrade to a cold air intake. any ideas on what brand is good ive never had one before in any of my cars.

It is a 2019 3.6 engine.

Thanks for the info guys!!!
Make sure your CAI is C.A.R.B. compliant or you may have issues when you do emission testing. The Mopar CAI is compliant and comes with a sticker with the C.A.R.B. # on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not to overtake his post but, with these LED's , hows night time driving? Did they end up being better then the halogens? A lot of LED makers claim brighter then stock halogens, but most end up not being better, or what they claim output is, by what i found searching around. Thanks

@2019ChargerDestroyer , yeah i would go with K&N as well. I have never had a problem with there stuff.
Garbage led lights I took em off! I went back To Hologen!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Garbage led lights I took em off! I went back To Hologen!
Yeah , i have yet to see anyone like LED's versus halogen. Only thing better is HID's as far as i can find. The LED technology is very close, but not quite there yet. I would get HID, but i see my buddies fight getting new ballast it seems once a year, or less, and I do not want to deal with that mess.

And good thinking dodgeguy i did not pay attention to see he in Cali. We do not have any testing here, so i always forget about stuff like that. lol. He may be better off with the OEM CAI.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm no expert on the lights, but I went with the Mopar CAI over the aftermarket ones. OEM part at not much more $$ than the others, just seemed like the best bet.

Reactions: Dannyboy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts