Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just got a 2019 RT and joined last week, this is the best forum I have ever been a part of!

I searched for a while and could not find a post about my issue. I hope posting this in the general discussion area is ok.

I purchased the vehicle last week with 100 miles, everything was perfect until the 2 USB ports in the center console stopped working, which means no Apple Car Play. I searched the forums and realized that seems to be a pretty common issue, so I scheduled an appointment at the dealership for tomorrow. Now all of the sudden the entire Screen display keeps turning on and off on its own, almost like there is a bad connection.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, just so I have as much information as possible before heading to the dealership.

Thank you!

Frank

·
851 Posts
I had the problem with the USB ports, and have had the screen replaced under warranty due to a constant reset issue where the screen would just go blank. Since the replacement I have not had an issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what they said, I am here now and they are fixing the ports. They apparently have been getting a lot of complaints for the radio. They have to order the radio and are putting it in under the warranty.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
I was having issues in my 17’ R/T where the USB would work sometimes and read USB RECONNECT ERROR other times. I went to the Uconnect site and found a system update. So far it’s working but if I’ve noticed if I remote start with USB in the slot, sometimes that error will show, but i can unplug and plug back in and works fine. As before no matter how many time I plugged it back in it wouldn’t work. I may take mines in too and see if I can get a replacement too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was having issues in my 17’ R/T where the USB would work sometimes and read USB RECONNECT ERROR other times. I went to the Uconnect site and found a system update. So far it’s working but if I’ve noticed if I remote start with USB in the slot, sometimes that error will show, but i can unplug and plug back in and works fine. As before no matter how many time I plugged it back in it wouldn’t work. I may take mines in too and see if I can get a replacement too
That’s exactly what was happening to mine it would work sometimes, but I didn’t get any errors. Then all of the sudden the display would turn on and off by itself.

They ordered me a brand new radio and are installing under my warranty. Apparently they have been getting a lot of calls for this issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nothing helpful to add, but just wanted to say thank goodness for warranties! Nice ride buddy and I’m sorry your having problems with it. But don’t get discouraged! After the bugs are worked out you’ll enjoy your car beyond befeif!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jeeeez, my 2017 r/t just all of a sudden did not recognize my USB stick with all my music on it. The Uconnect displayed "USB error". Worked flawlessly for a week and then bam, not working. So I held my finger on the top right corner of the screen until it reset. And then after booting up the same song started playing where I left off the last time it was working.
Someday technology will not work and we will all abandon it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts