Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Nc I have a pursuit awd and recently the power steering has been getting stiff. At first it would get tight for a split second leaving a parking spot I figured it was an awd thing but now my voltage drops to about 12.6 for a second then goes to 14.2 and there’s a groaning sound. (I have a video but don’t know how to attach it)I’ve had power steering pumps go bad but normally they make a whine sound. I’ve read that the pursuit’s have electrie-hydro steering and they tend to leak over time. Would anyone know where to find the reservoir and most importantly how to purge it if it indeed needs fluid added. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,880 Posts
If you have the electric / hydraulic steering the reservoir is behind the passenger side front wheel well. I thought all Chargers went to electric steering from 2015 on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the electric / hydraulic steering the reservoir is behind the passenger side front wheel well. I thought all Chargers went to electric steering from 2015 on.
Thanks I’ll have to check tomorrow. From my understanding I’ve read that the pursuits still have this style but can’t find more accurate info(I/e a manual) I don’t have any check engine lights or anything yet. If worse comes to worse and It’s electric only then I’ll let the dealer address it since I plan to take it in Friday for the knock but would love to fix it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update. Found the driver side racing and pinion boot to be leaking while adding fluid. Didn’t seem to be a bad leak as I didn’t see any fluid on the ground or dripping from the boot but the fluid only lasted 3 days(about 100 miles)before returning to fully unassisted steering. My guess is a new rack is in order(sigh) thanks for the help)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts