Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 19 Daytona has what I believe is an exhaust rattle at about 2k RPM. When I took to the dealership they said I needed a new exhaust. They swapped exhaust told it was fixed and rattle was still there. Any ideas or anyone else have this issue. There is no rattle when I rev the car to 2k in park or when I accelerate quickly. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had similar experience with my 2013, and it resolved when resonator part that was rattling broke completely and did less resonating control.

I also took mine to dealer and they couldn’t hear it. Seemed to kick in at a specific frequency and RPM around 2-2500 RPM.

Another related story.... Once I was on Airplane flying to China, and heard rattle. When I opened window to show attendant a piece of the wing fell off... I got to meet pilot and got free drinks. LOL

Moral of story... if you let it rattle long enough, it will fail and then you’ll know what broke and if you’re lucky, get free drinks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have this same problem, I took my active exhaust valves apart n put some lithium grease on. After putting it back together I get a rattle from 1500-2000 rpm. Sport mode is fine. If you find anything I’d love to hear about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts