Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a tire highly rated for tire wear, traction, low- noise. I'm not tracking the car, or even driving that aggressively. I just want the best tire for the money, and best puncture resistance since I can't carry a spare.

· Registered
222 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What? So, you're saying your car came with two different oddball sizes from the factory? Check the tire placard on the door frame.
Yup. It's in the build sheet. Mine came with staggered size Goodyear's according to the build sheet, though it's listed under the "optional equipment" listing.
My tire placard is gone. I'd like to order a new one, but that's another story. Pretty sure the car was wrecked at least once.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Yes they did, certain years of Challenger SRTs came with staggered tires.
Ok, those are not staggered though. Staggered is 245/45/20 and 275/40x20, the same diameter. The rears are an inch taller than the fronts which a factory would never do. PLEASE, look it up on Tire Rack and let us know, or give us the car info and we'll look it up for you. I'll be you two rear tires the factory didn't do that! 😁

· Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,710 Posts
Ok, those are not staggered though. Staggered is 245/45/20 and 275/40x20, the same diameter. The rears are an inch taller than the fronts which a factory would never do. PLEASE, look it up on Tire Rack and let us know, or give us the car info and we'll look it up for you. I'll be you two rear tires the factory didn't do that! 😁

· Registered
9,710 Posts

· Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of Continental PureContact LS. 700 Tread Wear rating. I didn't get the rated mileage but Discount Tire handled the warranty pro-rating seamlessly.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you just say you bet two new rear tires the factory NEVER installed different sizes front and rear? I'll give you an example right now: 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda and 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A; E60/15 Goodyear Polyglas GT on the front; and G60/15 Goodyear Polyglas GT on rears.
I figure $600 should pretty much cover 2 new rear tires for the Chally srt8.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Well, before they understood proportioning valves and even braking! Let me clarify and say anything since 2000, w/o the same diameter. Especially these cars. When you look your car up, what do the tire places say?

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Well, before they understood proportioning valves and even braking! Let me clarify and say anything since 2000, w/o the same diameter. Especially these cars. When you look your car up, what do the tire places say?
xterior
Exterior light controlauto on/off
Antennawindow grid
Body materialgalvanized steel/aluminum
Paintclearcoat monotone
Grille trimblack w/chrome surround
Fog/driving lightsfront
Door count2 doors
Rear cargo doortrunk
Tinted windowslight
Rear window typefixed
Mirrorsdual power remote