Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking the other day and want to know if it's been done. I don't have a spoiler on my car at all, and thought about the danko 3 piece spoiler or just leaving it bare, bc I hate the 1st gen spoilers, but I like how subtle the danko 3 piece is. And then I came across a thread about the 2nd gen spoilers and the difference between the r/t and srt spoilers and it got me thinking, would a 2nd gen spoiler fit on a 1st gen?

And before I get the response, yes I know I can drill the holes and make it fit, lol. But basically what I'm curious about is the difference, if any, of the width of the rear of the 1st and 2nd gens. If the newer cars are wider than the older ones, I wouldn't want to look like some goofed up rice burner.

If anyone knows or has done it, and cans provide pics that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
hmm i was wondering the same thing randomly one day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i was wondering the same thing randomly one day.
No one else seems to be chiming in like I hoped lol, but I had time to sit down in front of the computer tonight and according to a few sites I looked at looking at specs for the 1st gen and 2nd, the 1st gen charger's width is 74.5" and the 2nd gen is 75", so looks like it wouldn't be a problem with fitting. I just wonder what it'd look like now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not sure but I'm selling a white second gen spoiler with your name on it. I think the second gen spoiler is lower than the first gen. Could be a mean look...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure but I'm selling a white second gen spoiler with your name on it. I think the second gen spoiler is lower than the first gen. Could be a mean look...
My thoughts exactly, I definitely think it's lower, which is why I want one of the second gens. I'd prefer an SRT one, I'm guessing yours is an R/T? What would you want for it? I know the whites won't match for the time being, but I grew up restoring muscle cars so next year me and my dad were gonna paint it black anyway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And where are ya located in ky? I'm originally from the bowling green/Russellville area.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Any updates on this one??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts