Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After purchasing Her brand new in 1985. My Mom's "lil Baby" Finally was laid to rest in the driveway before They moved. She hadn't been driven for almost two full years, when I got an un-expected text from Mom. It bascially said if you would like Her she is yours. I thought to myself, what is Mom talking about. :4-dontknow: I text Her back and she said look in your trunk tomorrow. When I got done with work, I popped the trunk and all of a sudden it hit Me. "she" was now mine. Let The Rebuild Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More pics are on the way as soon as she arrives. Followed by the complete over-haul pics. Stay Tuned.....................................

·
Registered
366 Posts
Now that's a nice project!!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
NICE!! i have a 71 Dodge Dually ready to get some hands on work done....i know how eager you must be!!!

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Those are nice trucks to mod, Russ! Get her done! Congrat's!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Damn bro. That looks like pretty solid starting grounds.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Very cool Russ, I was a GM guy for over 30 years.. There isn't much I don't know about a Chevy truck.. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask bro..:TU:

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Very cool on this. Doesnt look to be in that bad of shape either. If you need a hand with anything, just let me know.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool Russ. Whats the specs on it?
1985 Chevy c10 1/2 ton
4.3l v6(carburator)
3sp manual
am/fm radio
ps,pb
Really thats it.:TU:
3sp manual

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I got the Ol Girl home yesterday. After about a 75mile trip, there was no smoke, no leaks. Engine ran great. Transmission is tight and the running gear is solid. Whew! Looks like a cosmetic rebuild. Here's some more pics.

Stay tuned............................:D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I'm also sure that the wasp nest in the door(active) and the mouse nest in the hood ween't factory options. Hehehehehe

Reactions: SRTAndy

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn bro. That looks like pretty solid starting grounds.
Indeed Steve. Really a great running truck. Just alot of rust.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
get in contact with Gary from 3g..
Lets make a LOW RIDER out of this.. =o)
No No and absolutely Not!!!!!!!! Hehehehehehehe Mom would kill me.:O

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are nice trucks to mod, Russ! Get her done! Congrat's!
Thanx Andy. Going to be a fun project

Good luck on the new project bro!
Thanx Landon, Going to keep Her "mostly" Stock

Very cool Russ, I was a GM guy for over 30 years.. There isn't much I don't know about a Chevy truck.. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask bro..:TU:
You and Jon both. Keep your phones on. Hahahahaha

Very cool on this. Doesnt look to be in that bad of shape either. If you need a hand with anything, just let me know.
Read Erics Reply. Hahahahahaha

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that's a nice project!!
Thanx, Was in the family brand new. Looking fwd to re-doing Her

NICE!! i have a 71 Dodge Dually ready to get some hands on work done....i know how eager you must be!!!
I'm chomping at the bit. Hahahaha. Parking Her till the spring though.

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Glad she has a strong drivetrain, Russ! I'm sure you can do the cosmetics to her! Lookin forward to seeing you finish this project! :TU:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad she has a strong drivetrain, Russ! I'm sure you can do the cosmetics to her! Lookin forward to seeing you finish this project! :TU:
Going to be some fun. I can't wait.:TU:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts