Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made the switch from the stock R/T rear to the mopar LSD 3.06? Is it worth it???How does the car come off the line?? and how is the traction with the LSD.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
I can't speak for the difference between the 2.82 vs 3.06 but I can tell you the LSD makes a world of difference...... I installed a Quaife and it put alot more power to the ground

I also have a Quaife w/ 3.06s already installed with high HP Axles for sale if you are interested

[url]http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=109760[/URL]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well I made the jump from stock 2.86 for my V6 to 3.73 LSD and WOW I love it. Deffintly more power to the ground & quicker off the line

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have an 09' R/T w/ the R/T pack, which has a 2.65 ratio, and I went ahead and had the 3.06 getrag installed. I had high hopes, but was disappointed. I noticed no real acceleration improvement, but it did change the traction. It grips better, and the wheels spin easier. I wouldn't do it again, strictly because of the cost. It was expensive.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
I have an 09' R/T w/ the R/T pack, which has a 2.65 ratio, and I went ahead and had the 3.06 getrag installed. I had high hopes, but was disappointed. I noticed no real acceleration improvement, but it did change the traction. It grips better, and the wheels spin easier. I wouldn't do it again, strictly because of the cost. It was expensive.

Well, stock R/Ts should be 2.82s but there isn't a huge difference......

·
Registered
929 Posts
I can tell you my '09 makes plenty of power down low and doesn't seem to be a high revving engine. Mostly torque. The 2.65 gear is probably better suited for that scenario. It's good to here about this feedback from you because I have been wondering how these cars would react with this gear ratio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts