Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger RT+ 5.7L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I currently have a 2019 Dodge Charger RT+ 5.7L. By next month I will have the following mods installed: Corsa Intake, Corsa Headers, 180* thermostat, mishimoto oil catch can, diablossport trinity t2. I also have BC coilovers installed. I am looking into the different rear gear ratios I could go with and have found a lot of info about them for the 5.7...but I didn't see a lot of follow up or specificity on those threads. My main question is, which would be the best gear the 5.7 (especially with the mods I have listed above,) and would you choose a different gear based on the fact my future plans are to install a jay greene 1.5 cam, 3200 stall torque converter, and a procharger down the road.

Thanks in advance for any help and feedback. I was looking at the 3.09 on Rock Auto and wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger. If you have any sites with better prices that would also be greatly appreciated.

Joe

·
Registered
740 Posts
ebay item 233571269114 (3:09 LSD) is cheaper at $789.95. A good price for new with free shipping. I order my 5038041AA SRT oil filters from them, they always have great prices.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Technically speaking, the best gear would be the one that let s you cross the line at optimal RPM. You surely don't want to have to shift 100' before the finish. You can always get minute adjustments to that with tire size also. Considering these are big, heavy cars, the lower ratio (higher number) the better. This will allow you to launch the car quicker and wind the gears faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts