Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Charger SE, 3.6 pentastar, 5 speed, 99,000 miles
These are the hp numbers being read off of the SRT performance pages
All 3 of these number were when the engine was warm, and between 30 and 35 degrees Fahrenheit outside

Factory tune with 15,000 mile old mopar air filter: 276 hp
Factory tune with new K&N drop in air filter: 286 hp
87 octane diablosport tune with K&N air filter: 315 hp

Really surprised by the difference the tune made. I was hoping to gain 10-15 hp, not 30, lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also tried out the 93 octane tune

Ended up making 322 hp, so not a huge difference over 87 octane, especially for the price difference on gas

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thanks. I wasn’t expecting anywhere near that much of a gain. I do believe the SRT pages show horsepower at the crank and not what’s ending up at the wheels though, correct?
Oh I don't know which they refer to.I'm not very versed in tuning myself but I may be adding it to my upcoming upgrades that I have planned.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I do believe the SRT pages show horsepower at the crank and not what’s ending up at the wheels though, correct?
Correct. The HP/TQ values displayed on the SRT Perf pages are engine values. Typically referred to as HP at the crank or flywheel. BHP (brake HP) is measured at the flywheel.
WHP (wheel HP) is measured at the wheels. For our rear-wheel drive cars WHP is RWHP.
RWHP usually reads around 15% less than the power measured at the engine (BHP) because of power loss (friction) in the driveline. Driveline power loss for a 4-wheel drive is typically 20 to 25%.

Reactions: JJsecor27

·
Registered
523 Posts
What gears did you do the pull on the srt pages to get those numbers? And were you in full auto or shifted your gears?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All were in
What gears did you do the pull on the srt pages to get those numbers? And were you in full auto or shifted your gears?
All were in second gear, automatic, it was between 30 and 35 degrees out, and there was seafoam in the gas tank with the gas. Since temperatures have warmed up, and there is no longer seafoam in the tank, horsepower numbers have dropped about 20 hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts