Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the forums but I have a major question.
I want to install a 3.90 gear on my Dodge Charger sxt plus 2012 but all the lsd’s I find are for the charger and challengers v6’s of 2015 & my question is can I install the 2015 diffs for my 2012 with out any issues or is there any other option diff I change it for for better and smoother gear function ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
ZF diff requires a complete rear cradle change due to different mounting points. Not to mentioned change in the driveshaft as well along with other items requires like axles, hubs, programming of gear ratio.....

To be really honest, unless making a lot of power there is hardly any reason for a LSD in a V6 specially when I drag race in my car with the 5.7 and having a LSD currently is going to help me as much as good set of tires would.

Reactions: Abyyninte

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZF diff requires a complete rear cradle change due to different mounting points. Not to mentioned change in the driveshaft as well along with other items requires like axles, hubs, programming of gear ratio.....

To be really honest, unless making a lot of power there is hardly any reason for a LSD in a V6 specially when I drag race in my car with the 5.7 and having a LSD currently is going to help me as much as good set of tires would.
Well im running a couple mods tht give it around 350 hp and want the change the gear ratios to make it faster bc it still feels sluggish with the gears and I don’t know how to make it feel more responsive with the gears is there any other options I can add for tht?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Would there be any other part i would need or just a bolt on for the cradle? and will more tuning he necessary ? Also Im seeing there are still not any 3.06 for the 2012-2014 models they are all for the 2008- 2000 does those work for mine ?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Would there be any other part i would need or just a bolt on for the cradle? and will more tuning he necessary ? Also Im seeing there are still not any 3.06 for the 2012-2014 models they are all for the 2008- 2000 does those work for mine ?
3.06 was a common Getrag unit from 2009-2014. Found also in challengers.

And unless you are foriced induction, just being honest I can not think of any majors mods one can do to give the 3.6 350hp. Even at the crank. Def not a tune and CAI. 350 @ the wheel would require supercharger. And that is about the same level as a R/t.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts