Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, After friends convinced me to put the 3.90 in my 2010 charger srt8, (swapped out the 3.06), i did. Something very weird i’ve noticed is that its almost hurt acceleration? If i play videos side by side of the 3.06 vs the 3.90 its identical or even the 3.06 is faster by a hair. Im thinking about going back to the 3.06 because of it, im just confused how it could hurt performance.

· Registered
2,405 Posts
The Getrag 3.92 gives you a lot more torque to the rear wheels than the 3.06. You get an instant seat of the pants feel that the car is faster. It is faster for say like the 0-60 if working properly. However after you hit the crossover of Horsepower and Torque where Horsepower takes over there is not much of a difference. It is mainly beneficial to get the Fat car moving off the line but not beneficial for higher speeds.

Reactions: NJMOPAR

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Getrag 3.92 gives you a lot more torque to the rear wheels than the 3.06. You get an instant seat of the pants feel that the car is faster. It is faster for say like the 0-60 if working properly. However after you hit the crossover of Horsepower and Torque where Horsepower takes over there is not much of a difference. It is mainly beneficial to get the Fat car moving off the line but not beneficial for higher speeds.
thanks for the info friend. i’ll probably switch back to the 3.06 and sell the 3.90 because i prefer roll racing.

· Registered
3,670 Posts
Reactions: GoManGo0406

· Registered
2,405 Posts
When I had the 392 Intake on, from what I remember, with the longer runners there was no lag in acceleration plus it gave a lot more torque down below 4000 rpms to accelerate quicker. Not sure what the Peddle commander costs but I only paid $500 for the total hookup for the Intake. One if not the best bang for the buck in performance upgrades if not doing a Cam swap.

Combine the Cam upgrade with LT's and the 392 Intake and you will be at SRT power levels.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
But won't eliminate the lag between pedal, computer & throttle body. The PC simulates carburetor linkage, instant response without having to mash the pedal.
I have actually done my own testing with my pedal commander and what I was able to find out is electric throttle will open at a constant rate when you hit the gas. What the commander does(and other similar products) is speed up the rate of opening. you wont really see any time shaved from 0-60 or 1/4 mile because it isn't adding torque or hp to your engine, it is just making the car peppier. In normal driving instances, city mode (equivalent to no pedal commander) doesn't jump like having the car in sport+, but it is a lot easier to break traction with sport+ on but that doesn't mean you cant do that with city mode. The best thing about it in my opinion is the Eco mode(also known as a valet mode). It does sound weird but when you have friends, family or having a valet park it, it will slow down throttle response so they cant go wild.

Mainly to sum it up, at the end of the day it is your car and your money, if you want to try it out I say go for it. Worse case is you don't like it and sell it on eBay or Facebook market place to get your money back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts