Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up out of 2010 challenger I counted the splines on unit and came up with 31 rock auto is sold out or rebuilt ones what part or axles can I use according to the dealer any srt8 should work but that can’t be the case if the inner spline is 30 any help would be greatly appreciate also what is the spline count on the 226 axle outer for the wheel bearing hub

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I don't know about SRT's but your hubs should be 32 splines. Open 215 cast iron diffs inputs are 30 splines.

Commonly, when one goes from open diff to getrag the hubs are the same but axles are more robust and have different spline count. Cannot swear but 27 splines I believe.

You need a longer bolt for the forward mount.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have the longer bolt but trying to figure out the hub and axles the 08srt8 hubs are 27 spline count that I got for my brembo swap but I can’t find any info only mopar part numbers for axles and hubs but not the info on lengths of axles and spline counts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I posted it earlier, and Rock Auto listings can provide specs most of the time. Let us know if SKF logos are in the hubs castings or on the bearings?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I looked at rock auto but if you look up oem it does not give you the specks and sorry did not see your post gapi and I’ll look for that stamping what does it mean ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
having a issue locating reman or axles rock auto sold out if anyone know of another online that’s not oem but same quality at a better price would love to know thanks saw reviews of the monkey wrench in Canada and they have horrible f ratings with bbb

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If this is what you mean only identifying marks on wheel bearing hub
Just curious, lots of OE removed ubs will have SKF casr into the casting part, no the machined. Thanks However...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got my axles only one had a part # on it can confirm that the hubs and axle fit not sure where they get the 226mm from one axle diameter is larger then the other
Automotive tire Wood Font Bumper Electric blue

1 - 18 of 18 Posts