Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice run.. Do tell us your mods.. I know I'm just over the 300's with cai and duel exhaust. I can't find a good shop here to do a dino so I'm stuck with what my car tells me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice run.. Do tell us your mods.. I know I'm just over the 300's with cai and duel exhaust. I can't find a good shop here to do a dino so I'm stuck with what my car tells me.
How do you get your car to tell you how much horsepower are you putting out I have a 3.6 liter SXT Plus all wheel drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only the chargers with the super track pack tell you numbers but those are usually to the crank. My kids are Diablo sport tuner w/ overkill custom tune, CAI, Custom exhaust w/ high flow cats. 80mm throttle body and ported manifold.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How do you get your car to tell you how much horsepower are you putting out I have a 3.6 liter SXT Plus all wheel drive
Tazer unlocks the super track pack stuff and more.

Only the chargers with the super track pack tell you numbers but those are usually to the crank. My kids are Diablo sport tuner w/ overkill custom tune, CAI, Custom exhaust w/ high flow cats. 80mm throttle body and ported manifold.
Nice mods. I think I'm sold on getting a tuner. I don't want to change the sound of the stock duel exhaust tho. thanks for the post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is anyone around 330WHP with some modifications. I just had it run on the dyno and I am just over 330WHP.
My current set up:
CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Ported throttle body
Ported upper and lower intake manifolds
Coil packs
Unlocked pcm
Custom 93 octane tune
Diablo tuner

It got 359whp on the dyno. Stock R/T is 363 at the crank. Essentially more power than an R/T. Most of it came through the tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My current set up:
CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Ported throttle body
Ported upper and lower intake manifolds
Coil packs
Unlocked pcm
Custom 93 octane tune
Diablo tuner

It got 359whp on the dyno. Stock R/T is 363 at the crank. Essentially more power than an R/T. Most of it came through the tune.

I'm curious what brand dyno the shop you went to was using. I know many brands read drastically different. Dodge rates the 3.6 at 300 at the crank. Using a simple HP wheel to crank calculator says you are making roughly 429 at the crank. I find it hard to believe a hand full of simple bolt ons and a tune gave you a 43% increase in horse power. My 2013 3.6 has the Hemifever 93 octane tune, PUG lower intake, ported upper intake, blended throttle body, newer 8 hole injectors, Mopar CAI, RIPP coil packs, and exhaust mods. My car has a lot more get up and go than it did from the factory but I can guarantee I've not broken 400 at the crank. Please don't think I'm trying to call you out, just trying to understand where these numbers came from.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is anyone around 330WHP with some modifications. I just had it run on the dyno and I am just over 330WHP.
Do you have pictures or video of these Dyno runs?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm curious what brand dyno the shop you went to was using. I know many brands read drastically different. Dodge rates the 3.6 at 300 at the crank. Using a simple HP wheel to crank calculator says you are making roughly 429 at the crank. I find it hard to believe a hand full of simple bolt ons and a tune gave you a 43% increase in horse power. My 2013 3.6 has the Hemifever 93 octane tune, PUG lower intake, ported upper intake, blended throttle body, newer 8 hole injectors, Mopar CAI, RIPP coil packs, and exhaust mods. My car has a lot more get up and go than it did from the factory but I can guarantee I've not broken 400 at the crank. Please don't think I'm trying to call you out, just trying to understand where these numbers came from.
Do you have tazer for the srt dyno ? Because I have it and won’t break 400 hp either idk if it’s software or something

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Without a graph sheet it didn't happen. I'm having a hard time swallowing some numbers posted here.

Also talking dyno, as for brands, Dyno-Jet dynos are not load bearing, Mustang dynos are load bearing. This is why they read the same car 13-15% differently. But do the math and they match.

The Charger 5.7L, according to year is rated 370HP at the crank. With a 15% drive line loss is about 315HP at the tires.
When stock my 2013 R/T dyno'd 365-ish at the wheels on a dyno jet. Minus 15% is 310. A couple years later I made a base line run on a Mustang dyno, mods were Corsa CatBack, Dyno Tune, reading 318HP. Plus 15% is 365. These were all different shops so some variance is natural.

A CAI, Ported throttle body and cat back may get you 7HP. A tune maybe 5-10 outside but it will perform better. Coil packs don't do anything more, perhaps if too hot cause faster plug wear.

There is a PUG (Penstar Up Grade) intake mod that is supposed to have a noticeable gain but haven't seen any before and after graphs.

Cannot BS here. I've been around too many dynos and operators and made all my mod spending mistakes years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to be all into the dyno hype. But when your can go a whole sec faster 0-60 with just boltons and tune, much more satisfying to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Heh, Bolt On's? What is a non-bolt on as opposed to a NON-bolt on or tune?

The only way to make an accurate claim is on using the same dyno before and after the mods. Some claim its at the track but the human factor at the controls will vary much more than a steady state dyno. Good hair day, bad hair day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heh, Bolt On's? What is a non-bolt on as opposed to a NON-bolt on or tune?

The only way to make an accurate claim is on using the same dyno before and after the mods. Some claim its at the track but the human factor at the controls will vary much more than a steady state dyno. Good hair day, bad hair day.
Same thing with dynos. It’s very rare anyone can afford to do a base dyno, install part or parts, then after dyno all in the same day. Or mimic same conditions as the base dyno session. Same thing as the track or street. Dynos are tools; nothing more. In the Hellcat community; they only care about track/performance numbers. I would be more impressed with street or track performance numbers. And my car is evidently making more power because it’s obviously faster. And that’s from completely stock, to all the bolts-ons plus custom tune. Just saying....

Reactions: Shooterjgs

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I hear you. You gotta pay to play and we respect hard data. I got a 2 pull base dyno run for $50.00, she was going back for a dyno tune anyways. I put 7K ( I did the labor) into a blower install I want to know what the dyno finds.

On the track is a personal best thing mostly. But Yeh, after a mod if your numbers are better and never fall back you can feel better about the mod.

But if you come here claiming HP numbers without hard data its falling on deaf ears.

Reactions: Black Diamond 300S

·
Registered
55 Posts
But if you come here claiming HP numbers without hard data its falling on deaf ears.
Totally agree......one of these days I’ll dyno my car for curiosity purposes. But for now I’ll continue to enjoy it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My 2011 Pursuit with 140K on her made 323hp, 348 ft lbs tq to rear wheels with just 91 octane tune. Not bad for 140K miles and rough life. Although the dyno graph surging which you can feel as ben issue for me lately.
KIMG5683.JPG

On the Strip, I've managed a best of 8.807 in the 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Next time we meet up I'll bring the laptop and do a scan log or two you can post up on HPT or show a tuner to see if it can be detected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts