Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to get my SRT8 to the shop last night for a baseline dyno run. Numbers were far better than I had predicted.

Current Mods:
JBA Longtubes (w/ high flow cats)
LMI Intake
180 Tstat
Johan Tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0PGXnUZG2U

This build is fairly simple. Just wanting a fun street beast. Car is in the shop now receiving the following...

-Comp 270 Cam
-Comp Cams Variable Cam Phase Limiter
-Mopar Non-MDS Lifters
-Manley Strengthened Pushrods
-HHP/BES CNC Ported & Hand Polished Heads
-FTI Billet Triple Plate 3200 Stall Torque Converter

Once this is completed I will update this thread with the final numbers, and eventually get it to the track for some real world numbers.

Big shout out to Hoosier Street Cars in Lafayette, IN for doing the install, and all the guys at High Horse Performance for helping me out with the build thus far.

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Awesome! Yeah those numbers are very stout for a baseline:TU:

I would think you should see another solid 40RWHP from the cam and heads maybe ever closer to 50

Johan email tuning for you on the cam ? Or someone local doing it ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Yeah those numbers are very stout for a baseline:TU:

I would think you should see another solid 40RWHP from the cam and heads maybe ever closer to 50

Johan email tuning for you on the cam ? Or someone local doing it ?
My fingers are crossed to hit the 500whp mark with the heads/cam. I just purchased a Trinity T1000 from a forum member last night so HHP can send me one of their tunes. From there the guys at HSC will look over what they can and see if we can safely squeeze out anymore power.

My ultimate goal for the season is to put down better numbers than a factory Hellcat at the track... Not an easy task but I'll do what I can!

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
My fingers are crossed to hit the 500whp mark with the heads/cam. I just purchased a Trinity T1000 from a forum member last night so HHP can send me one of their tunes. From there the guys at HSC will look over what they can and see if we can safely squeeze out anymore power.

My ultimate goal for the season is to put down better numbers than a factory Hellcat at the track... Not an easy task but I'll do what I can!
Personally if you are having Josh from HHP email you a tune, I would just see if he can remote tune you and just send him your datalogs from the dyno. Guys who are not VVT hemi tuners suck at tuning....

IMO, no way you will put down Hellcat track #s on 500RWP. Stock Hellcats with Radials are running high 10s

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO, no way you will put down Hellcat track #s on 500RWP. Stock Hellcats with Radials are running high 10s
Oh I wasn't planning on running 10's on motor alone... towards the end of the year the car should see some spray. The best I can hope to do on just motor is match what the hellcats do bone stock (no DR's).. which would be dependent on the track conditions and the driver

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Oh I wasn't planning on running 10's on motor alone... towards the end of the year the car should see some spray. The best I can hope to do on just motor is match what the hellcats do bone stock (no DR's).. which would be dependent on the track conditions and the driver

Yeah, thats a bit more doable. I would think you should be able to crack some high 11s....11.7-11.9:TU:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Awesome, I look forward to seeing the results!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Good numbers for a baseline. You should be very close to 500 with the Heads/270 combo. Good luck:TU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was very excited to come home and see my heads last night, because they were shipped way ahead of schedule! This means that the last pieces I needed are finally here! Will be taking them to the shop Saturday and will hopefully be able to fire it up by next weekend. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the heads. As long as they perform I'll have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice! I bet you are excited now! Getting a build complete is fun, wait for parts to arrive not so. LOL:TU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yea I'm very excited to finally get this build finished up. Should make a ton of progress this weekend.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some more photos yesterday and should have even more by the end of today, but the news so far is good. The guys at HSC are making a lot of progress.

Should have the stall in by today as well as the heads at least off if they haven't already started on the cam swap.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Won't be long now! Looking forward to the numbers.:TU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to the shop last week to check up on my baby. The big parts of the motor have been finished. Heads, cam, lifters, pushrods, cam phase limiter, ect. New stall and transmission are the next steps, but because Street Car Takeover was coming to Indy they had pushed the Charger back to finish up some other projects. So first fire up should be sometime this week (fingers crossed). Will be sure to post a video!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Received confirmation last night that the motor and trans are back in the car! Heading over to the shop tonight for the first start up. Will definitely keep everyone updated and post a video when I can!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Looking forward to how that Comp 270 performs!:TU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Something go wrong??? Or just still out driving?
Many different little issues popped up. Welder broke so couldn't get the v-bands on the exhaust. Then had a cylinder misfire that was fixed. Then lost compression in cylinder 3 only to have it magically reappear later on and has been running ever since. Very bad luck LOL but I have a few "rough idle" videos with the car on just a first start up tune. Will be putting in updated revisions of the tune tonight and taking more idle and cruise logs. Hope to have it on the dyno this Friday and home by the weekend.

Idle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCcQa59ugw

First Drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCINKg4n4fk

1 - 20 of 67 Posts