392 Charger Cam/Heads Build

Discussion in 'Charger Performance Mods - Engine - 6.4L HEMI' started by EKM1190, Apr 5, 2016.

1. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    I thought about something like that but figured I'd just purchase the HHP ones and save the OEM's in case I ever decide to part ways with the car.

What TCM problems did you have? And yea those HHP ones are what I installed, they worked perfectly.

2. Deathproof Hemi

Deathproof Hemi Active Member Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Vehicle:
    '11 R/T Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    First time the tcm was programmed for the wrong gearing. Then after that once we got the right tcm the car refused to accept the change. Kept going into limp. Josh had to put the tcm in an srt car that was luckily there that day in order for the trinity to successfully write the new gearing

3. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Got a decent quality video (with OK audio... could be better) of my cars cold start, idle down, warm idle with some hemi chop ;), and a few revs... hope you like the way it sounds!

RenoRob likes this.
  4. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Tuned TCM from HEMITUNER is shipping this week! Got the email from AJ this morning... Can't wait to get it on the car and see how it works with my setup. Should be fun! Once that's taken care of I'll be scheduling my dyno tune with Barth Tuning so I can get some solid numbers for this car!

I know this thread hasn't been updated in a little while, and that's mainly because I've been busy working on some other "show" style modifications.. if you haven't stumbled across that thread feel free to check it out! Had quite a few changes lately and they're not stopping anytime soon! http://chargerforumz.com/threads/charger-srt8-show-modifications.179444/

5. 11blkrt

11blkrt Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Awesome man. If I ever had extensive work done I would cruise it up to BArth for the tuning.

Post up how those az850s work out. I have heard nothing but good things. debating (saving) on going 275/40 all around with them.

6. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    FINALLY INSTALLED MY HEMITUNER TCM!!!!!

Night and day difference both in regular driving and full throttle. This thing MOVES compared to what it was like before. I can't say enough about how happy I am with this TCM module. AJ if you're on here, thanks! lol

Here's a brief 20 roll punch to give you an idea on the car's performance. Without a before and after video it's hard to tell the difference. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Now the last piece of the puzzle is a Barth motor tune. Thing is supposed to shift at 6700rpm but right now after 6k this car noses over pretty hard. Hoping to pull out some extra ponies and maybe slightly better drive-ability of this cam/heads setup. All I can say is after fighting this car for 10 months I finally feel like it's coming together. About time!

7. RenoRob

RenoRob 400 cubes of Goodness!!! Moderator Member Relations Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger Daytona
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2006
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    Color?:
    Top Banana
    Nice! Glad to hear the last of the bugs are getting evicted, now it's time to sit back and enjoy your ride.

8. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Yea no kidding! I'm so happy to finally have my car back without any stupid little issues.

Something I'm sharing in both threads cause I'm pretty happy with it! Got a sick edit of the SRT8 yesterday from a couple guys looking to start shooting car videos... it's pretty cool what they can do with the limited equipment they have. I'm extremely impressed!

RenoRob likes this.
  9. 11blkrt

11blkrt Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Looks exceptional. Nice man.

10. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    It's official, I'll be getting a Tim Barth dyno tune this coming month! I have also ordered one last piece to the power puzzle that I'll throw on before that dyno tune... hope it makes a difference ;)

11. RedlineStunnerSRT

RedlineStunnerSRT New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Very nice man. Just caught up reading everything you've done and I love it. Sweet ride

12. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Thanks man! I appreciate it!

Finally got my car to the track after about a year of waiting! I was pleasantly surprised with my ET considering the tires I was on but very unhappy with my MPH. Just reminds me how much I need to get my tune.
    [​IMG]

In an effort to get a few more tenths off my 60' I bought some traction LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately the track closed down for test and tune due to some unforseen weather changes...
    [​IMG]

So hopefully I'll be able to make it to the track for more testing this week. My goal is to break in to the 7's (ideally a 7.8X or lower) before I receive & install any other parts that I have ordered.

The other parts that I've ordered but am still waiting on are:
    -Driveshaft Shop 1000HP 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft
    -Black Anodized A2Speed Billet 85mm Throttle Body

Once I get my TB I'll have to decide whether or not to wait on the Tim Barth Dyno tune or go with Josh at HHP for an email tune. Either way I'll be sure to post it up here along with all my track updates!

tacamo01 and RenoRob like this.
  13. RenoRob

RenoRob 400 cubes of Goodness!!! Moderator Member Relations Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger Daytona
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2006
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    Color?:
    Top Banana
    Traction will be a big help those are some nice mods coming down the road!

14. tacamo01

tacamo01 Active Member Site Supporter Level 2 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R/T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Are those Niche Targas? Looks just like the ones I have. Been on for over 2 years now with no problems.

15. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Yea I'm hoping to get this thing down into the mid to low 7's in the 1/8th at some point this year. Hoping this will be enough to get me there!

They're actually bravado tribute wheels. $140 each on Summit racing with the perfect size specifications for the LX platform. I figured I'd spend my money on these for now and upgrade to a weld next season or something (once I'm a little more experienced).

16. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    [​IMG]
    Ended up getting my A2Speed 85mm TB in the mail Friday! I immediately ordered my tune from Josh @ HHP when it arrived. While I may not stick with it for my "final" tune, it'll at least get me where I need to be with this new TB. I have high hopes that it'll help so fingers crossed!

[​IMG]
    Went to US41 Motorplex this weekend to get some more runs in! Didn't get quite what I wanted but I at least got into the 7's in the 1/8th mile which was one milestone I wanted to hit this year. I'm trapping almost 7-10mph short in the 1/4 with my current setup so I'm hoping the tune will do something to correct that. In the meantime I'm going to be dropping the tranny pan and flushing the fluid & changing the filter in hopes that it'll help keep everything A1 while I'm putting it through all this abuse LOL.

Here's a video of my final run with corrected times below:

60ft - 1.768
    1/8 ET - 7.872
    1/8 MPH - 86.48
    1/4 ET - 12.257
    1/4 MPH - 113.255

17. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Got some more go fast parts installed on my car this weekend!
    [​IMG]

I wish I had done this a long time ago. The difference in feel on the car is night and day!! I wouldn't have expected this big of a change in feel but the center bearing on the stock DS had a bit of play which may have been causing some odd things to happen beforehand. Either way we'll see what it does the next time I'm able to make it to the track. Still waiting on my tune from Josh @ HHP before I install my 85mm TB, so until then I'll be swapping my transmission pan, filter, and gasket that I recieved from HHP this last week. The pan is a stock style but has a drain plug so transmission fluid changes should be a little easier now.

RenoRob and B4TD4D like this.
  18. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Sounds so beast! the progression so far has been awesome

19. EKM1190

EKM1190 New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Finally got my start-up tune from HHP!!! It was a little upsetting that it took nearly 8 weeks to get it but the start up tune alone is night and day compared to the 7 revisions I had with the previous tuner. The car idles smooth at a 700-720 rpm which is about 100rpm lower than it was ever able to before, and with no hard shakes or misfire.

It also takes off a lot smoother than before. With the previous tune the car would feel like it was "tripping" over itself. Have been told from a few engine tuners that it may have been lean at idle, BUT I'm not knowledgeable enough to make that call. All I know is that the car feels great for a startup tune and I can't wait for my first revision to come in. Hope to make a few 1/4 mile datalog passes before I actually get to the track so it'll be 100% ready.

I also was finally able to install this bad boy....
    [​IMG]
    It's hard to tell what's been affected by the tune and what differences this actually makes doing both at the same time. BUT I can say that the car started up without a hitch and I have had zero driveability issues with this TB so far.

B4TD4D likes this.
  20. fasteddie760

fasteddie760 Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    SE
    Color?: