Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help with 5.7 heads/cam/torque converter/hiflow cats/headers install....

What's up Gang? If some of you are familiar with my stroking the 5.7 thread , I took a different approach since the #'s were adding up to $10k +. I decided to just purchase a Challenger sometime in the coming months. In the meantime I'm upgrading the 5.7 with some purty ;o) parts to hold my need for more power out of my baby sleeper. I have decided to put some custom made ported and polished heads with valve and spring upgrades with custom matched cam. Along with this I added a torque converter, shorty headers(I want to be able to swap back to oe for emissions) and high flow cats.

I want to know if anyone knows what else needs to be changed when I get this put in. I already ordered parts and also adding a new 6.1 water pump, oil pump and timing chain. Do I need to replace or get new lifters and if so from where because I cannot find- at all including dealership because they are sold with mopar cam. I already accounted for whole gasket kit and APR head bolts. Has anyone done this upgrade and familiar with the associated parts? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
896 Posts
You dont need the lifters, unless u plan to get a stroker down the road, then thats one less parts u gotta buy. Yo can buy then from hhp, speedlogic, moparsupercenter etc. Alot of the vendors carry them on here. Since your doing heads and a cam, why not swap out the manifold for a eagle intake or 6.1 intake. Also the 5.7 fuel injectors run out of fuel once u hit a certain amount of power, so u might want to the 6.1 injectors as well. Since your doing a torque conveter, might as well replace the dlex plates while your their. I really cant think of nothing else off the top of my head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts