Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a set of 6.1 headers and mid-pipes to install on my 2013 Charger with 5.7.

The driver's side motor mount started leaking so this prompted me to go ahead and do the header install since I was going to have to take a good part of the exhaust off anyways to get to the motor mounts.

I have searched for similar issues but have not found anything. While the install is time consuming, the headers are supposed to be a direct bolt in. I'm having issues with installing the motor mounts after the manifolds are in place. There is not enough clearance on the passenger side to install the bolts that secure the motor mount to the motor mount bracket. The line of install for the bolt causes it to hit the manifold

Massaging the cover wont gain enough clearance. I believe that I need to order new motor mounts and motor mount brackets for a 2013 6.4L as they utilize a different bolt spacing between the MM & bracket. Did anyone else have any issues doing the conversion on a 2011 to 2014 Charger?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ugh.. Thanks.. Rolled the car out of garage at 11pm with open manifolds (sorry neighbors)
.. Cut off the outer threads/stud part of pass side mount bolt to get some clearance...
Gonna mess with it again and see what happens Friday.. then night have to buy those... Who designs a bolt that runs across the hole of another??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts