Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes dodge's 2018 5.7 transmission? Thee Germans? Ive been doing my homework on saving some cash doing the transmission fluid. Dodge dealer charges $670 just for parts. About 150 for labor. Part number 68261170AA for transmission pan fits the same as bmw 7 to 1 series. ZF? Whats everyones thoughts on this? Who really makes America's muscle car dodge transmission?

·
Registered
858 Posts
The 8HP is built at the ZF plant in Saarbrücken, Germany.

Genuine ZF Lifeguard 8 fluid is around $20 per quart on that big auction site. Pans with integrated filters are less than $100.

·
Registered
180 Posts
One must be very careful to get the correct pan. Their are slight differences in the filter, one is replaceable even, however they do not filter/flow properly nor do they hold exactly the correct volumes... Give Brian at BnD Automotive a call, he's my go to for the exact part number I need... Plus he'll sell ya the genuine Mopar/ZF part. Carl is spot on though it is a german ZF, which is a good thing, but its built special for dodge per year per model ect... There are a lot of differences but Brian will use your serial and "know" for sure, good luck...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Come to think of it, OP, if there is any warranty at all, powertrain or otherwise left on your Charger, you should probably consider using a genuine ZF filter in addition to the Lifeguard fluid. You should be able to pick up a complete ZF fluid and filter kit for about $250. In the event of a warranty claim, original ZF fluid and filters are obviously the gold standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts