Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure this out it is the only part I can’t find exactly on YouTube.

I am swapping my 5.7 lower air box with the 6.4 box, for the air duct behind the headlight I figured out how to make the seal snug. I was just wondering if anything needs to be done behind the headlight, I had read about this somewhere but it didn’t specify. It said the new RT headlights come with a removable piece to allow more air flow if you upgrade the box. Wouldn’t this allow for rain and what not to get behind the light and cause moisture?

Any information would greatly help. The best videos I found were from the Burnseys RT YouTube channel.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Here's the whole kit for the Charger. The second picture is the piece for behind the headlight. The part number for the headlight piece is 68394595AB. All 3 pieces are available separately from your dealer, as well as on ebay, etc.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I installed the Hellcat kit on my 16. Looks similar to what you are showing in the picture. I had to remove the whole front clip to get the tube in as well as make a minor mod to the other part that locates the front of the tube.

Reactions: CreatorOfThings

·
Registered
63 Posts
To be honest, I didn't take any! There are a few YouTube videos out there and I followed them for the process. You'll Jack up the front, pull the wheels, then start removing hardware. Takes about 45 mins to take off.

Reactions: CreatorOfThings
1 - 8 of 8 Posts