Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
No, since the 5.7 Ram intake has a TB neck that curves up out front, whereas the 392 intake curves off to where the factory air intake is.
Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification, just re-read my original post and it was supposed to say "but why* aren't 5.7 guys swapping the intake from the Ram"

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
That's going to be a healthy set-up! Aftermarket cam? Or 392?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That's going to be a healthy set-up! Aftermarket cam? Or 392?
It's an 03 pre-eagle engine, so I can't use a 392 cam (eagle and pre-eagle cams aren't interchangeable). It'll be at least a comp 260, maybe something more. May go with a Spartan plus like is going into the Charger eventually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Intake manifold P/N (includes all gasket, O-rings, mounting bolts): 68090674AA
(any intake on ebay for 6.4 will work, just make sure it was a SRV (short runner valve) port on the back.

Pigtail connector: 1-68064996AA
steve white mopar parts sells them on ebay, comes with wires, connectors and pins.

Clean Air Duct: 05038430AD or your choice of 392 CAI
I bought a second hand airaid system for a 6.4 on ebay. youll need the bend tube to make it work with the new intake. Also about a foot of 5/8 hose from advanced auto.

MSD Box: P/N 8969 ---ebay
Cirkit Boss: 70213 ---ebay

others parts you'll need depending on what you can find
-SRV valve p/n 05038529AA or 05038529AB one is a updated
-SRV seal p/n 53022322AA
-SRV bolt need to buy 3 they are sold individual p/n 06509377AA
-6.4 map sensor, the 5.7 one twists on so it wont work you'll need a 6.4 one. I don't have a part number cause I ran to advanced auto and got one and used a trim bolt I had left over.
-6.4 catch can from ebay, cheap catch can that works it was 100 bucks, it has enough hose to hook up to the new intake so you don't have to fret about transferring the hoses off the 5.7 intake. Get one -- trust me after pulling the intake and seeing what 45Kmiles looks like without one its nasty.

here is the diagram for how I did the wiring --
MSD:
White ---------- injector (Back injector on passenger) with green marker on it
Red-------------Purple wire on Circuit boss
Yellow---------Orange on intake
Black-----------Piggy-backed by connector and connected to Circuit boss and Intake orange - These all end up wby the circuit boss ground. It's a black wired loop at the base and is grounded when you mount it.
Grey------------Not used

MSD Setup:

RPM "ON" set to 46, 48, ect (For 4600 rpms, 4800 rpms....)
RPM "Off" set to 80 for 8,000 rpms
Cylinger set at 1 for V8 with coil packs

Circuit Boss
Red-------------Connected to external positive power right next to battery or on the fuse box post up front
Pink-------------Open the bottom of the fuse box, and look for a pink/blue wire its a accessory power wire, follow it down the harness for a good point to spice in, make sure you use your DMM and have the run button (on) but engine off to see the power at 12volts before cutting.

Yellow----------Not used so tape it off until you want to use it for nitrous later ;-)
Blue-------------Intake orange power wire, make sure you mark which wire is which so they do not get mixed up
Purple----------MSD Red
Black-----------Ground

Ground:
piggy back the intake connector (orange) to the black (MSD) and then after trimming length add a round connector to the end so you can screw it down along with the circuit boss ground when you secure the circuit boss to the fender.
Drill a small hole smaller than the screw and then install the screws using the ruber pads on each side and applying the grounds to the one side with the round connector (circuit boss ground).

Power:
Drill holes for the circuit boss, attach to fender, connect the red wire from the circuit boss to one side and then attach another red wire from the circuit breaker marked battery side and then attach that part of the red wire to the factory positive battery post with the round connector supplied with the boss kit.

So these parts and part numbers, would they be the same ones I need for my 2018 Charger RT?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m putting the hellcat lower air box with the air duct on my RT. Is there anything special I have to do for the air duct. I heard someone I have to remove something behind the headlight for the duct to work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody done this swap on a 16 charger rt?? I’ve already did the install and everything but seems like my runners aren’t engaging any idea as to why? Or can someone help me out with the wiring diagram ive done almost everything n still no luck!!! Any help I would appreciate it

·
Registered
2 Posts
U mean the srv? No I havent because they said I can see if my actuator is working by unplugging it and repluging It back with the car being on Acc position but still nothing

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How would the actuator work if unplugged....? You could also set your rpm switch down low, then get the engine to that RPM and see if you have power to your pigtail.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Will a 6.4L intake work on an 07 R/T?
It COULD be made to work yes, but so would not be worth it on stock heads and cam. There's a better than even chance the adapter spacers you need to make it work would negate any flow advantage since the ports are quite different. If you had a cam and say eagle heads, different story.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts