Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Mopar intake to replace my existing LMI. My only problem is that I'm missing a few parts. The rubber grommet from the front support of the air box, the rubber bushing that fits into the fender on the back of the air box, and the tube that connects the throttle body to the air box (and retains the IAT sensor).

I have located the air tube, it's Mopar P/N 5038430AD if anyone's curious. I can't find the grommet or the bushing though. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I knew that wouldn't take long. I'm really not a fan of the LMI. Don't get me wrong, the build quality is there. The carbon fiber looks sharp. But....

1. It doesn't have a heat-shield. Why call it a CAI if it sucks in mostly hot air?

2. It isn't secured by anything other than the sleeve that couples it to the throttle body. So unless you wedge it in just right, it doesn't sit in the engine bay securely.

3. You have to wedge it in. Now the filter is directly rubbing on the fender. The previous owner was smart enough to put a strip of Velcro between the filter and the fender to prevent it from doing any damage. Still though, this strikes me as really cheesy.

4. Because there's no protection for it in it's current location, it gets wet! This only becomes a problem at the car wash. I haven't seen any issues in the rain. The Mopar does a much better job of protecting the filter though.

So in the end, the LMI gets a 10/10 for quality, but a 5/10 for fitment. Just my opinion on the subject. I know a lot of people here really like LMI and this is in no way directed at them. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good to know - i was seriously considering the LMI intake until i read that....

·
Vendor
663 Posts
I just bought a Mopar intake to replace my existing LMI. My only problem is that I'm missing a few parts. The rubber grommet from the front support of the air box, the rubber bushing that fits into the fender on the back of the air box, and the tube that connects the throttle body to the air box (and retains the IAT sensor).

I have located the air tube, it's Mopar P/N 5038430AD if anyone's curious. I can't find the grommet or the bushing though. Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks.

Hello,

The grommet on the front of the airbox is part number 4573049 (#10) but there is also a metal insert part number 4573211AB (#9)

I am not sure about the fender grommet just yet, Does it perform the same function as the front grommet ?

-Benny

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, not quite. Take a look at this photo and you should be able to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. This picture was taken on my old SRT. This is looking down into where the intake would be located. This at least should give you an idea of where it's located. I'll see if I can find a better photo as well. The red arrow by the way is pointing to the bushing installed on the back side of the cold air dam.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d06l6eoh0rqycbx/bushing location.jpg

·
Vendor
663 Posts
Is this part supposed to be included with the Mopar CAI or was it originally removed from your vehicle when you installed the LMI ?

I have no luck finding the Mopar CAI install PDF but I contacted Mopar Performance in hopes they can email me one over in a day or two. This would show all the components of the kit.

-Benny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts