Dodge Charger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey just noticed my touch screen looks like it has formed a bubble in the upper left corner...is this something the dealership will fix or will have to come out of pocket..seems like something dodge should eat. I didnt cause it. Just happened

View attachment 93936
Just noticed mine doing the same thing. I’m going to call the dealership. If they give me crap. I’m calling Dodge or Fiat or whoever. I never touch my screen so this is a manufacturer issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So has anyone gotten dodge to pay for this out of warranty? My wifes 2017 charger is changing stations on its own and adjusting the A/C. Seems like if it turns on the heat it could potentially kill someone. She wants to take it to the dealer and i told her they are going to want you to fork over another $1200. I want to trade it in on a toyota and never buy dodge again.

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
I've been talking with @DodgeCares but nothing has been resolved yet. I keep hearing back from different people with the organization via PM who keep asking the same surface level questions about my mileage and VIN to "look into it". Idk what's going to happen next.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at my wifes screen today and the whole top inch worth of screen has delaminated all the way across. I wanted to try a heat gun and plastic sqeegee and she said no way.

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
I looked at my wifes screen today and the whole top inch worth of screen has delaminated all the way across. I wanted to try a heat gun and plastic sqeegee and she said no way.
That's a great way to basically guarantee dodge not replacing it.

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
I know, but i have very little faith in dodge taking responsibility. Even less in U-connect taking responsibility. Is u-connect even a company?
I just called customer care today and they are sending this issue to a case manager. Ill hear back tomorrow

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
Just was informed by FCA that they will be replacing the radio.

Here is what I did:

About a month ago I took the car in to my local Chrysler dealership once I noticed the de-lamination. They looked at it (for free) and provided me a work order stating that the screen is de-laminating and that the radio needs to be replaced.

I was in contact with @DodgeCares on here, but I never really got anywhere with them.

Yesterday I called FCA at 1-800-992-1997, and spoke with someone about my issue. They passed my information along to a case manager who reached out to me today...

About an hour ago I received a phone call from FCA Customer Care who asked a few questions about my issue and my trip to the dealership. They said they will contact the dealership and get back to me. About 15 minutes after that phone call I received an email from that case manager stating that FCA will cover the cost of the radio and labor, and will reach out when the radio is ordered.

I hope this helps the rest of you out. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Just was informed by FCA that they will be replacing the radio.

Here is what I did:

About a month ago I took the car in to my local Chrysler dealership once I noticed the de-lamination. They looked at it (for free) and provided me a work order stating that the screen is de-laminating and that the radio needs to be replaced.

I was in contact with @DodgeCares on here, but I never really got anywhere with them.

Yesterday I called FCA at 1-800-992-1997, and spoke with someone about my issue. They passed my information along to a case manager who reached out to me today...

About an hour ago I received a phone call from FCA Customer Care who asked a few questions about my issue and my trip to the dealership. They said they will contact the dealership and get back to me. About 15 minutes after that phone call I received an email from that case manager stating that FCA will cover the cost of the radio and labor, and will reach out when the radio is ordered.

I hope this helps the rest of you out. Best of luck.
Yes, didn’t go so well for me.i just called and the guy said that since warranty expired, there’s nothing he could do for me..sucks. Did you have success because your warranty is still good? Or are you out of warranty also?

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
Yes, didn’t go so well for me.i just called and the guy said that since warranty expired, there’s nothing he could do for me..sucks. Did you have success because your warranty is still good? Or are you out of warranty also?
I have a 2017 with pretty much exactly 50k on the clock. This is not a warranty issue. Keep trying. I'll PM you a screen shot of the emails.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I have a 2017 with pretty much exactly 50k on the clock. This is not a warranty issue. Keep trying. I'll PM you a screen shot of the emails.
Oh ok, sweet. I’ll trying again a bit later. I hope I get that CSR that just takes that extra step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares
No Dodge doesn’t care. I have 51000 miles in 2 1/2 year old car. You have denied my claim. Anyone else on this forum with the same issues contact me, would like to start a class action Law Suit!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Dodge doesn’t care. I have 51000 miles in 2 1/2 year old car. You have denied my claim. Anyone else on this forum with the same issues contact me, would like to start a class action Law Suit!!!
Alison I already had a case, and they denied my claim. Have purchased out of pocket today, and have contacted about a class action lawsuit attorney

·
Registered
2018 Charger Scat Pack
3 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares
I am having the exact same issue in my 2018 Scat Pack. The delamination seems to be what it happening. Is Dodge acknowledging this to be a known issue? I am at 46k and out of B2B warranty.
LOL don’t bother replying to them. They can’t do crap anyways.
Dodge customer service CAN help you in some situations (I don't know about this one). They replaced all four of my rotors and break pads, which under the warranty are considered "wear" items. But all four rotors were warped so they acknowledged that was unusual and replaced them for about $400. The dealership quoted me $1,800...

·
Registered
2017 RT Charger
26 Posts
Dealership just told me the radio is in. I'm going in on the 11th for my 50k maintenance and the radio swap.

Keep calling everyone. They will replace it, they have to.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts