Dodge Charger Forum banner

8.4N uConnect issues

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Daytona D 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I currently reside in Dubai and just purchased a 2013 Charger Rallye Plus. I'm having a couple of problems with the uconnect 8.4 system of which have been mentioned below:

1) After remote start, I press the start stop button so that the vehicle becomes functional ,but the uconnect screen remains off, tried tapping the screen and using the hard keys but nothing happens. To get it to work again I have to shut-off and restart the engine.

2) In the settings>lights and door lock menue, sound horn with remote start and sound horn with lock is selected (with a tick) but none if these functions work. During remote start the vehicle light flashes twice and the car starts up without the horn chirp. When I lock or unlock the door after exiting with the RKE Transmittor the horn doesn't chirp.

3) I have managed to connect my iPhone 5 to the uConnect system, my contacts have downloaded and Audio streaming works like a charm. I am able to dial out using the phone or by selecting a contact from the uconnect screen, however when I try to voice dial a contact, it doesn't seem to understand my commands. Voice recognition works well with all other functions i.e. playing audio and going into setting menue items, but I can never get it to voice dial out. Also whenever I say " show contacts" the system replies "there are no contact stored on your phone" even though all my contacts have been uploaded to the systems phone book.

Just wanted to know if these problems are normal for a new charger. Would really appreciate some feedback on these issues.

Cheers.

See less See more
#4 ·
3rd week after buying mine the " easy exit" feature stopped working , after trying all different combinations shutting off on , I brought it to dealer , they reset it like a soft reset on a phone I think and now works. I'm expecting this to be an issue in the future with other features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.