Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First I want to pass on some sad news..
Our beloved Red Headed Step Child JAXREDG8 (Chad) Son’s was seriously injured.

My oldest kid (Scott) was walking across the street to his school bus (which by the way was stopped and had the red lights on) when an 18 year old girl sped up to try and run the lights and she hit him. They found one shoe under her car and his other shoe 30 yards in front of where he landed. His back went thru the windshield and she hit him hard enough that after he hit the windshield he bounced up and dented the roof and busted the sunroof with the back of his head. Amazingly though, after many stitches and a lot of road rash, nothing broken. He's sore as sh*t right now but ok. So I'm gonna be helping the wife with the kids because right now he can't walk so well and we think he tore up his shoulder pretty good because he can't lift it above his waist right now. On a funny note, he told me that he single handedly stopped a Honda civic with his head.

Just wanted to explain a little. .

Seems to be at home resting rigth now…
But we need to keep him in our prayers and dropped by and say hi…

CHAD.. if you need anything let us know ASAP..

Now to our Weekly M&G..

This weekend is the
2nd Sat of the Month
Food Lion Shopping Center
445 State Rd 13
Fruit Cove, FL 32259

Fruit cove is a awesome spot.. Lots of cars.. if you are going to fruit cove.
Make sure you are there by 4:30 for a good shaded spot..
Because It’s going to be a hot one..

Also Yesterday I was advised
That…

10939 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville FL..

Is having a FREE Car Show.. from 6pm to 10pm..
There will be awards and trophies. Free hot dogs and burgers etc..
No judges,,, Just People’s choice

This show is right around the corner from my house..

SO… I will not be going to Fruit Cove,
BUT I WILL BE at this Show.. =O)

So who’s coming out this weekend and which one are you going to????

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I send my thoughts and prayers to Chad for his son's speedy recovery.

Bull, do you know if you guys are doing a M&G the Saturday before Xmas? I may be driving down to Miami for my bday/Xmas and thought it would be a good chance to attend.

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I send my thoughts and prayers to Chad for his son's speedy recovery.

Bull, do you know if you guys are doing a M&G the Saturday before Xmas? I may be driving down to Miami for my bday/Xmas and thought it would be a good chance to attend.

We have M&G's every Saturday....
Dec 18th is the 3rd Sat.. We meet at RiverCity.. Which is a nice location..
But if you are coming to town.. We will make a special thread just for you.. :TU:

We'll do more than just the M&G...

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
We won't make it to the M&G or show. The boys have a 5:00 game in Orange Park.

Chad, tell Scott we're thinking about him.

Maria-Elena, you're welcome to stay with us if you come down here around Christmas.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Thanks for the kind offers Kim and Bull. I'll let you know of my plans as we get closer to December. It will be the first time I've driven home since I moved to Nashville 18 years ago and only the second time I've been back at all, so I'm looking forward to the drive.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I will be at the show Jesus.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Chad let Scott know Ann and I hope that he starts feeling better soon. Glad to hear that's all the injuries he has. Sounds like it is could have been much worse. Good to see he still has a sense of humor . Not sure what we are going to do.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Not sure what I'm doing yet. I may skip Fruit Cove to come watch you two guys show off. It would also be a good chance to watch the boys football game too. Should be not far from my house.

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Car show is from 6 to 10pm..
Come by and say hi.. :D Check out the Stereo PHIL hooked me up with..
The boys game won't be over until 7 and that's way out of our way from Orange Park. If we were going to stop by anywhere, it would probably be the M&G since it's closer.

Not sure what I'm doing yet. I may skip Fruit Cove to come watch you two guys show off. It would also be a good chance to watch the boys football game too. Should be not far from my house.
The field is near Gano. It's not that far from you.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks guys for all the kind words and thoughts. He's doing ok I guess considering what all happened. By the way Jim, I just sent you a pic of the car so maybe you can figure out a way to post it up. I cant from work.

Anyway, its just hard to watch a kid that 4 days ago was playing tackle football with me and the guys now cant walk or sit or even lay down without help. His spirits seem pretty good all things considered. I wanna try to make it out maybe next weekend and bring him with me so he can see everyone. I dont think he is quite ready for it this weekend.

Anyway, sorry for the thread jack here guys. I'm just still venting and a little pissed right now. Good luck with the show Bull and Keon. Kim, good luck with the boys game. And I will let him know Pete that you guys are thinking of him. Once again guys, thanks for the thoughts and prayers and Good luck!!

Reactions: evbaxter

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Thanks guys for all the kind words and thoughts. He's doing ok I guess considering what all happened. By the way Jim, I just sent you a pic of the car so maybe you can figure out a way to post it up. I cant from work.

Anyway, its just hard to watch a kid that 4 days ago was playing tackle football with me and the guys now cant walk or sit or even lay down without help. His spirits seem pretty good all things considered. I wanna try to make it out maybe next weekend and bring him with me so he can see everyone. I dont think he is quite ready for it this weekend.

Anyway, sorry for the thread jack here guys. I'm just still venting and a little pissed right now. Good luck with the show Bull and Keon. Kim, good luck with the boys game. And I will let him know Pete that you guys are thinking of him. Once again guys, thanks for the thoughts and prayers and Good luck!!
Just checked email. I don't have it yet.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Check your phone. If I could get it on my computer, I would post it. I only have it on my cell. Thanks Jim. I'll call ya in a few! Thanks again all. I will tell Scott everything when I get home.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Man, I know you said the girl was going fast but, wow! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that. At least Somebody was looking out for him.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Wwoooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwssersssssssssss!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts